**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
No deal for Fox News. Just the tv and movie division.

Disney is genius. Gonna roll out this deal same week as Last Jedi. Brilliant.
I agree the ending of the avengers now they have x-men and ff4 and a few others back

That streaming service is going to be serious.

Married with Children, the simpsons jeez

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I only see 2 negatives from This deal.

1. Fox News having more power and resources is scary.

2. Since x men and f4 will join the MIC, there will probably be less comic book movies per year. Marvel churns out about 3. So that will probably expand to 5 at most if that. The overall product might get diluted or fans may in fact get super hero movie fatigue.

The thing that has made the MCU great is they don't try to give people shyt they didn't ask for. And at one point the fans wanted the x men and f4 back in the MCU. Over time they accepted the separation. Now? This is something we haven't been demanding as of late.

It's like stock. You buy low and sell high. This deal would seem like marvel is buying high will slim chances to get a reasonable roi.

People never stopped asking for the FF and the associated villains to return to marvel.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Verizon has the capital to buy Fox, they need to expanded their customer base, one way to do this is by buying an entertainment/content company to pair with its communication business. Yahoo's main revenue source is advertising (plus they own Aol), if they buy Fox and in the future use its digital capabilities to connect Yahoo's advertising business with Fox content, that would be a win-win for them. Plus they also get a larger for a customer base to there shrinking phone business by bundling there services.

Universal/Comcast is already a partner with Time Warner, Disney and Fox in Hulu. This deal has less to about catalog and more to do about owning the distribution.

I agree with you..they have the money no doubt..and companies definitely wanna add to their portfolio. Yes, adding properties like this is about distribution but you left one key component out...what platforms are they distributing from? They only viable vehicle is streaming and Fox alone doesnt give you the catalog big enough to really make this a winner. Thats the reason why Fox never started a streaming service of their own...there arms too short to box with GODisney. Fox would themselves have to buy someone elses studio and aint nobody selling. I also assume Fox will sell to disney to ensure some of those execs get cushy Disney jobs and hefty stock options.

Disney has everything...They will get Hulu..start their own service..comics, toys, animations they have everything to make this work (No other company has this EXCEPT Warners but obv...they arent selling to WB)

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Oh I know I don't mean to be slick but no fukkin way in hell is Verizon a player nationally for a major company like 21st Century Fox from a tv/film perspective.

Y'all realize that AT&T bought Direct TV, which would be the same deal that I'm talking about. Verizon buying Fox is no real difference to that deal.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I agree the ending of the avengers now they have x-men and ff4 and a few others back

That streaming service is going to be serious.

Married with Children, the simpsons jeez

I mean it's simple math really.

Downey, Evans, Hemsworth been at it a decade or close and Avengers 4 is around the corner. The next gen is Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ant Man, Guardians and Dr. Strange.

You gotta have FF, X-Men, etc for 2020 and beyond to make it work.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I mean it's simple math really.

Downey, Evans, Hemsworth been at it a decade or close and Avengers 4 is around the corner. The next gen is Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ant Man, Guardians and Dr. Strange.

You gotta have FF, X-Men, etc for 2020 and beyond to make it work.

I would have liked to have Downey Ironman and Jackman Wolverine in a Marvel movie

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Y'all realize that AT&T bought Direct TV, which would be the same deal that I'm talking about. Verizon buying Fox is no real difference to that deal.

AT&T has a much much bigger reach nationally then Verizon in other media despite Verizon being a behemoth of a cell company. AT&T has more clout as a media company. Direct tv had limited growth and needed an internet company. Verizon would be on a level playing field buying Dish Network. Not a monster like Fox.

My point is Fox would only deal with a media juggernaut like Universal, WB or Disney. And since Disney already bought Star Wars and they have X-Men etc it's a natural fit.

Think about this. They paid 4 billion for Star Wars and this shyt is gonna be 60 billion.

Last edited:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I don’t think thats the same thing . Disney would be violating fcc guidelines and be brought up on monopoly charges. But the fcc may make a change to that soon anyway the way they have been acting

Antitrust laws are a product of a monopoly. In that way, it seems similiar- but they are also business reasons for Fox why you wouldnt sell to Warner Bros

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think thats the same thing . Disney would be violating fcc guidelines and be brought up on monopoly charges. But the fcc may make a change to that soon anyway the way they have been acting

I think it's a big difference owning fictitious characters vs. forcing all companies to pay your set ad rates and own the rights all content people consume and having the cable providers by the balls.

Owning a raging Hulk is a big difference than owning Fox News and ABC.

If they owned ESPN and Fox Sports they could tell the NBA, NFL etc to eat a dikk here's the price as well as all sponsors.