**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
yeah, but they can in other countries and at the cali park

They have no room at the Cali park. They tore down a bunch of stuff for Star Wars. At this point they would be tearing down iconic rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, they aren't doing that.

And I don't care what they build at Shanghai Disney as I don't want to go and listen to rides in Mandarin.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disney is in the high budget, high reward phase right now. HF was made with only 25 million. I don't see Disney putting it through unless there's a guaranteed it makes over 50 million (which it did but you never know).

This line of thinking ignores that Disney put out "Queen of Katwe" just last year. It was a smaller budget film but it was a biopic about a young black girl finding success in the world of chess.

Disney would have had no problem putting out "Hidden Figures".

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This line of thinking ignores that Disney put out "Queen of Katwe" just last year. It was a smaller budget film but it was a biopic about a young black girl finding success in the world of chess.

That first statement is true. And I love that flick.

But it didn’t set the world on fire so the Q is will they go to that well again

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

I see your point and I'll admit I did overlook Queen of Katwe.

Unfortunately that movie lost money so now, I'm even less sure if they'll release movies under 100 million budgets.

Queen of Katwe (2016) - Box Office Mojo

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Every year cats scream “comic book movie fatigue”:patrice:

And then every year more and more people see comic books movies and they make more money:jbhmm:

Atleast on the Disney Marvel side!:ld:

NO SHOTS NO SHOTS NO SHOTS!!! But that’s the truth:whoa:

I think fatigue only sets in when you make bad movies:rudy:

Martha

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Disney isn’t going to have Fox putting out movies that compete for the same audience as them.

Fox may become the niche R rated or action films division but it’s going to be few and far between.

Plus Fox has the catalog to beef up Disney’s streaming offering on the Simpsons alone.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Disney isn’t going to have Fox putting out movies that compete for the same audience as them.

Fox may become the niche R rated or action films division but it’s going to be few and far between.

Plus Fox has the catalog to beef up Disney’s streaming offering on the Simpsons alone.

Yeah I’m sure the simpsons plays a huge role in this. Everyone wants a piece of that streaming pie and merchandising pie.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Prediction: This deal won't happen, especially with the Time Warner AT&T deal not yet approved. I think Fox is trying to gauge interest in the company. Definitely think that the Murdoch family is trying to sell the company, but don't think Disney will be a buyer.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Fox boss James Murdoch could be next Disney CEO in possible merger – report

According to the FT, the Murdochs favour a deal with Disney, as they believe it poses the lowest regulatory risk. Competition from the tech giants may have strengthened arguments for the merger of content companies.

:usure:

"Man.... Disney and Bob Igor aint gonna let Marvel do....... blah blah blah blah"

The Fox boss James Murdoch is reportedly being considered as a potential successor to Bob Iger, chief executive of Walt Disney, if the two companies reach agreement on a possible takeover.

According to the Financial Times, Rupert Murdoch and his younger son, James, could take senior roles at a combined company if a deal is struck. Iger, 66, is due to retire in 2019 and James Murdoch, 44, currently chief executive of 21st Century Fox and chairman of the satellite broadcaster Sky, is a possible successor.

:jbhmm:

Martha

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Prediction: This deal won't happen, especially with the Time Warner AT&T deal not yet approved. I think Fox is trying to gauge interest in the company. Definitely think that the Murdoch family is trying to sell the company, but don't think Disney will be a buyer.

Fox sounds eager to sell off...the only studios with enough money and infrastructure are Disney and Universal...Disney can outbid Uni