**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Fox also has a stake in HULU .. what will this do to the Disney service...
will they just put all there stuff on HULU.

there's also a chance they operate the studios independently still .. I mean Pixar, Marvel, :Lucas Film and Even Disney all function separately.

its not like when the guardians are in space they see TieFIghters or Xwings ... although SW was a long long time ago

None of them release arthouse flicks or r-rated films just a bunch of blockbusters that appeal to all age groups, which is what is really lost in this sale. Even Hidden Figures wouldn't get made under Disney.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
DP=Deadpool
RR=Ryan Reynolds.

I could’ve sworn there were some interviews/reports awhile back that in the prepping of DP2 the other writer had creative difference with Ryan and saw that he wants to go all in with some of the shyt from the first one that he felt only works once.

Or to simplify, he wanted to expand the story/characters while Ryan wanted more dikk jokes. Something to that effect so he decided to leave the franchise, now Ryan can write as many dikk jokes as he can and no one can stop him.

Paraphrasing several long reports or interviews, so excuse my lack of details.

Martha

The director left. He and Ryan saw it differently so he bounced. Now he’s working on terminator and producing stuff and Deadpool 2 is directed by one of the guys who did Baba Yega:wow: blessed baba yega

But yeah it never came out what he and Ryan didn’t agree on but they didn’t agree and the studio sided with the star and the director walked.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
None of them release arthouse flicks or r-rated films just a bunch of blockbusters that appeal to all age groups, which is what is really lost in this sale. Even Hidden Figures wouldn't get made under Disney.

Idk about that last one. Hidden figures definitely feels like it could’ve been made at Disney. Not in a bad way tho. You disagree tho. Why is that?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Idk about that last one. Hidden figures definitely feels like it could’ve been made at Disney. Not in a bad way tho. You disagree tho. Why is that?

Disney is in the high budget, high reward phase right now. HF was made with only 25 million. I don't see Disney putting it through unless there's a guaranteed it makes over 50 million (which it did but you never know).

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Disney is in the high budget, high reward phase right now. HF was made with only 25 million. I don't see Disney putting it through unless there's a guaranteed it makes over 50 million (which it did but you never know).

Word word. I feel that. Yeah that’s definitely an issue. For smaller budget flicks seems like the only game left in town will be blumhouse lol

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

According to google.. Disney has released R rated movies under the touchstone umbrella... they also used to own Miramax and deminsion ... therefore it can happen ... never say never....
We never thought we get what we getting know and its happening so we never know... we're all just speculating who knows what decisions the suits are gonna make when this happens ... they might just create an R rated studio just to make us fanboys happy

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The director left. He and Ryan saw it differently so he bounced. Now he’s working on terminator and producing stuff and Deadpool 2 is directed by one of the guys who did Baba Yega:wow: blessed baba yega

But yeah it never came out what he and Ryan didn’t agree on but they didn’t agree and the studio sided with the star and the director walked.

The specifics.... no. But there were hints and whispers

I do remember a report about what I mentioned earlier.

Paraphrasing.... he wanted more fleshed out story and Ryan wanted more gags and jokes

If I find the article I can post later

Martha

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to google.. Disney has released R rated movies under the touchstone umbrella... they also used to own Miramax and deminsion ... therefore it can happen ... never say never....
We never thought we get what we getting know and its happening so we never know... we're all just speculating who knows what decisions the suits are gonna make when this happens ... they might just create an R rated studio just to make us fanboys happy
I've already said that they should resurrect Marvel MAX and it make a sub unit of Marvel Studios

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The specifics.... no. But there were hints and whispers

I do remember a report about what I mentioned earlier.

Paraphrasing.... he wanted more fleshed out story and Ryan wanted more gags and jokes

If I find the article I can post later

Martha

Nah I remember it. You’re good. I’d just rather go with facts rather than back and forth he say she say. Ryan has his version Tim has his. Until the 30 for 30 comes out they can both miss me with the gossip

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

Yeah I should've specified with MCU, Pixar and Lucasfilm. Looking at their filmography for 2017 and the only thing that Disney Studios dropped was Pirates and Beauty &The Beast, the rest belong to those 3 brands I mentioned.

Do you know why they sold Miramax and Dimension?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The downside is that Universal/Comcast and AT&T/Time Warner will start buying studios now since they'll want to compete with Disney. The "BIG SIX" is gonna be the "BIG THREE" soon.

Just like the music industry. There were like 7 major labels in the 90s now all we have is Universal, Sony, and Warner (what a coincidence those are the same studios running things outside of Disney and Fox).