**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
This guy explains my worries in GREAT details. And why Fox should LOWKEY keep X-Men.

All should watch imo. I believe Fox and Marvel should out aside their beef and do what Sony is doing with Spidey being shared. Everyone literally wins.

I haven’t watched the video yet but I’ve said plenty of times that Fox should keep X-Men and give back Fantastic Four.

The issue is that it’s not about selling rights, it’s the fact that Fox is trying to get out of the film business entirely. So it’s basically all or nothing.

From Disney’s point of view X-Men and Fantastic Four are extra, they really want full control of Hulu in preparation for their streaming service.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I haven’t watched the video yet but I’ve said plenty of times that Fox should keep X-Men and give back Fantastic Four.

The issue is that it’s not about selling rights, it’s the fact that Fox is trying to get out of the film business entirely. So it’s basically all or nothing.

From Disney’s point of view X-Men and Fantastic Four are extra, they really want full control of Hulu in preparation for their streaming service.
Why does Fox want out of the film business? I never knew that.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Why does Fox want out of the film business? I never knew that.
They feel that they can no longer compete (all the streaming and tech companies getting in the game) and want to focus completely on news and sports.

Disney having all that power is kind of crazy but the only other alternative at the moment is Comcast and well, fukk Comcast. :manny:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They feel that they can no longer compete (all the streaming and tech companies getting in the game) and want to focus completely on news and sports.

Disney having all that power is kind of crazy but the only other alternative at the moment is Comcast and well, fukk Comcast. :manny:
Dont get how they cant compete when imo they been doing alright.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Fox Favors Disney as Buyer for Studio, Media Assets

Most likely going down next year fam.

Murdoch’s want deal done by end of this year.
BossyDarlingAntlion-max-1mb.gif
BossyDarlingAntlion-max-1mb.gif

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in my opinion Charles Xavier and Logan shouldn't be recast once they merge with MCU

recast everyone else if you'd like but keep those two actors

They're almost 20 years deep and it would be like replacing Robert Downing Jr with another actor at this point, u can't do it and not expect failure/backlash

Spiderman was different because each actor only last about less with 5 years with the character

hugh jackman getting old plus he battling cancer. ain't no telling he'll even have the energy to have another go as wolverine

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Dont get how they cant compete when imo they been doing alright.

It's not simply box office. They have no
technology app to compete (ala Netflix, Amazon or similar) and it's only getting worse. From a cord cutting smartphone era they're 20 years behind.

They're a bit of dinosaur but their bread and butter is news and sports. Fox News is a money machine as is their sports deals. They can't compete with Disney, DreamWorks or even Warner Bros as a film studio.

They got FX but from a film studio standpoint yeah they got Planet of The Apes, Deadpool and the occasional X-Men flick they really are a one trick pony from a movie studio perspective.

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Bob Iger will go down in history as one of the GOAT CEO's. :ehh:

Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and now Fox's entertainment division.:wow:

At the end of the day more competition is great but its Fox who approached Disney about its film/tv assets. :manny:

At least with Disney, X-Men and Fantastic Four come back home.