**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Yeah they should do his shyt in reverse. Bring Silver Surfer right in there then do flashbacks to what led to Galactus.

His solo pick after that can give the build up to that.

I never even thought about the possibility of Silver Surfer solo movie :ehh:I could imagine it would be philosophical and ponderous.:leon:

I would have put his whole backstory in flashbacks, and kept it pushing. A team up flick with Dr. Strange would be :blessed:though - restoring that OG 'Defenders' feeling :wow:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I never even thought about the possibility of Silver Surfer solo movie :ehh:I could imagine it would be philosophical and ponderous.:leon:

I would have put his whole backstory in flashbacks, and kept it pushing. A team up flick with Dr. Strange would be :blessed:though - restoring that OG 'Defenders' feeling :wow:

Yeah you could make a strong case that in a 2.5 hr flick 30 minutes of flashbacks would be sufficient for Silver Surfer and nix a solo pic.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
This is a very unpopular opinion but I think the X-Men series is better off with Fox. I just CANT see the MCU doing anything new for the X-Men movies besides costumes and character personalities. Yeah, Fox's X-Men have had a lot of hit and misses but they HAVE done the anti-mutant theme of the X-Men story ON POINT! They got Magneto completely right. They got Charles right. There isn't too much comedy and they KNOW how to make R rated films(Deadpool/Logan). I just cant see MCU doing a good R rated film like Deadpool or Logan/ Plus Fox has already made their X-Men universe big so I dont see why we should start all over.

What Marvel NEEDS back and I repeat NEEDS is the F4 rights and BADLY. They need F4 more than they need the X-Men. They NEED the F4 because the F4 holds a significant amount of Marvel's cosmic stories/characters. For one Silver Surfer and Galactus who FIRST jumpstarted Marvel's cosmic side. Not freaking Guardians of the Galaxy or Thanos. They badly need Reed and Dr. Doom. Fox has proven many times they can not make a good F4 movie. At this point its about ego with them keeping the rights and not doing right by the fans. If Marvel/Disney can make me like a freaking Ant-Man and Dr Strange film then they can make me like an F4 film.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
This is a very unpopular opinion but I think the X-Men series is better off with Fox. I just CANT see the MCU doing anything new for the X-Men movies besides costumes and character personalities. Yeah, Fox's X-Men have had a lot of hit and misses but they HAVE done the anti-mutant theme of the X-Men story ON POINT! They got Magneto completely right. They got Charles right. There isn't too much comedy and they KNOW how to make R rated films(Deadpool/Logan). I just cant see MCU doing a good R rated film like Deadpool or Logan/ Plus Fox has already made their X-Men universe big so I dont see why we should start all over.

What Marvel NEEDS back and I repeat NEEDS is the F4 rights and BADLY. They need F4 more than they need the X-Men. They NEED the F4 because the F4 holds a significant amount of Marvel's cosmic stories/characters. For one Silver Surfer and Galactus who FIRST jumpstarted Marvel's cosmic side. Not freaking Guardians of the Galaxy or Thanos. They badly need Reed and Dr. Doom. Fox has proven many times they can not make a good F4 movie. At this point its about ego with them keeping the rights and not doing right by the fans. If Marvel/Disney can make me like a freaking Ant-Man and Dr Strange film then they can make me like an F4 film.

My #1 chief complaint on Fox and X-Men has been their lack of risk taking. Magento vs Charles has long reached its expiration date. 1st it was Ian Mckellen and Stewart now Fassbender and McCavoy. It's like shyt man.....where are all the characters like we saw in the 90's cartoon? Where is Alpha Male Cyclops? And Apocalypse was atrocious. And Mystique worship is brutal. They ran into the same problem DC did who milked Batman and Superman...the rest of their universe suffered while the MCU lapped them.

There is a plethora of characters to explore not to mention their real costumes (all black looks even worse compared to MCU and how they adapted their costimes). Wolverine is not the only character worth exploring. And I love Logan and The Wolverine.

I agree 100% on FF with you.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
My #1 chief complaint on Fox and X-Men has been their lack of risk taking. Magento vs Charles has long reached its expiration date. 1st it was Ian Mckellen and Stewart now Fassbender and McCavoy. It's like shyt man.....where are all the characters like we saw in the 90's cartoon? Where is Alpha Male Cyclops? And Apocalypse was atrocious. And Mystique worship is brutal.

There is a plethora of characters to explore not to mention their real costumes (all black looks even worse compared to MCU and how they adapted their costimes). Wolverine is not the only character worth exploring. And I love Logan and The Wolverine.

I agree 100% on FF with you.

Yeah I agree with you. They beat this Magneto and Prof X shyt to death already. And I don't know why(out of nowhere) they focused on freaking Mystique. She was never that important in the comics. We still havent gotten a Sinister, Juggernaut(not that lame one from Last stand), Gladiator, Jubilee, Omega Red, etc. We still have not gotten a PROPER Storm who is AFRICAN.

With MCU I'm just worried it will be all jokes when the X-Men story is a very serious one. If MCU does get the rights back then I want Marvel to stop forcing the lame ass Inhumans on us and STOP fukking with their X-Men characters to spite Fox.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I agree with you. They beat this Magneto and Prof X shyt to death already. And I don't know why(out of nowhere) they focused on freaking Mystique. She was never that important in the comics. We still havent gotten a Sinister, Juggernaut(not that lame one from Last stand), Gladiator, Jubilee, Omega Red, etc. We still have not gotten a PROPER Storm who is AFRICAN.

With MCU I'm just worried it will be all jokes when the X-Men story is a very serious one. If MCU does get the rights back then I want Marvel to stop forcing the lame ass Inhumans on us and STOP fukking with their X-Men characters to spite Fox.

I swear to God man if they did Omega Red for the last Captain America flick as the Russian Super Solider......man......hell they coulda even twisted his background and made it for Wolverine and I would have slept easy.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
when Tony Stark finds himself at the Xavier school for the gifted in a few years :banderas:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
That's why even though some people on here are mixed on a Gambit solo pic I'm all in. At least it's a whole different set of characters and can introduce Sinister. If they make it a kind of a Thomas Crown Affair/Femme Fate kind of deal mixed with mutants I'm game.

Anything that gets as far away from McCavoy/Lawrence/Wolverine is a plus.

I'll take it a step further. Why the fukk didn't they use the ORIGINAL X-Men team of Ice man, Beast etc. That's why Fox needs to give this shyt up. They are constantly pulling shyt outta their ass...just like DC.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This would just be awful.

This includes FX too!? They'll neuter the fukk outta that network.

Y'all are thinking way too small, it's more than just the x-men here.
They won't neuter shyt. This is finally a way for them to tell 'other' stories besides family friendly ones. Why would they stifle already successful networks/entertainment properties? They are mainly finding an easy way to beef up their soon to be streaming service's offerings and yeah get the X-Men and FF back.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
This would just be awful.

This includes FX too!? They'll neuter the fukk outta that network.

Y'all are thinking way too small, it's more than just the x-men here.

I disagree. They owned Miramax for years and we got Pulp Fiction, The Crow, Jackie Brown, Sling Blade etc.

Companies own subsidiaries all the time.

Disney= family flicks
FX= Edgy items.

Keep the names and ownership to the audiences will never be known.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I disagree. They owned Miramax for years and we got Pulp Fiction, The Crow, Jackie Brown, Sling Blade etc.

Companies own subsidiaries all the time.

Disney= family flicks
FX= Edgy items.

Keep the names and ownership to the audiences will never be known.
That was in the 90s. Disney had balls back then. Back when they would kill main characters and not bring em back. :gandalf:

Plus they didn't own the entire world back then and we didnt live in such PC times. They are not in the R rated movie business anymore. They didn't even bid on the new Tarantino movie so that tells you all we need to know.

Hopefully they stay out of the TV side but we know the movie side is gonna be family friendly shyt.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
That was in the 90s. Disney had balls back then. Back when they would kill main characters and not bring em back. :gandalf:

Plus they didn't own the entire world back then and we didnt live in such PC times. They are not in the R rated movie business anymore. They didn't even bid on the new Tarantino movie so that tells you all we need to know.

Hopefully they stay out of the TV side but we know the movie side is gonna be family friendly shyt.

They didn't bid on the new QT flick cause they sold Miramax in 2010 back to Pervstein.

They'll be fine on the FX side. If it makes $$ they are leaving them alone. They have audiences and advertisers already built in. Why would they make R rated material PG?

The main goal is Star Wars originals, X-Men, FF, Planet of the Apes and Avatar. Then international items, TV.