**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
That shyt is great :mindblown:

It has been the story since 2000 and been ran into the ground and stifled other stories. That and Mystique is killing this franchise.

The first 2 flicks X1 and X2, then First Class, then DOFP then Apocalypse. It's stale.

They were terrified of talking about anything other than that or having Wolverine in an X-Men flick. They had a safe zone and stuck to it. And then JL used her star power to beef up Mystique :hhh:

No Maruaders, Sinister, Genosha, Morph, Shiar Empire, Gladiator. Cyclops has been worthless for almost 20 years. For all of the flaws of the MCU risk taking is not one of them. A talking racc00n has become a household name.

Yeah let's milk the Charles/Erik relationship for the millionth time.

You could have EASILY merged a FF storyline with Charles meeting Richard Reed at a conference and have X-Men/FF vs Dr. Doom. Then insert Silver Surfer/Galactus in the sequel.

Guardians planted the seed for Galactus.

Last edited:

Lýba'rhaésheýun

Tha Blaq Lýba'rhaésheýun Nhetwerqq
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I need a live action Rogue with green & yellow booty tights

hqdefault.jpg

:whoo:Oh Yes, I Can't Believe I Forgot About 90's Rogue And That Mutated Thickness :whew:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I think the reason why the MCU has had lackluster villains(besides Thanos) is because most of Marvel's GOAT villains(Dr. Doom, Galactus, etc) are F4, X-Men and Spider-Man villains who are owned b Fox/Sony.

The Avengers in comics NEVER had a good roster of villains. X-Men have Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Gladiator, Onslaught, Juggernaut, and many others.

F4 has Dr. Doom, Galactus, Kang the Conqueror, Terrax, Hyperstorm, Ego the Living Planet, Molecule Man and the freaking damn Beyonder!

As for Spider-Man don't even get me started. All the Villains ring bells. Black Panther never had a good rogue gallery his rogue gallery always sucked ass. Ant Man same. Captain America besides Winter Soldier and Red Skull same thing. Iron Man, I never liked his rogue gallery besides Thanos(yes Thanos FIRST appeared in Iron man but soon he became more than just an iron Man villain). Thor I like Thor villains(especially Surtur) but I feel his villains havent been used right. Dr Strange potentially has a good rogue gallery but a good amount of his are owned by Fox. Hulk is one of the few who has a good stable rogue gallery. Guardians of the Galaxy villains arent great either especially considering most of their villains origins trace to the F4 comics and so the MCU cant use them at the moment. Hell the F4 literally created the cosmic aspect of the Marvel U.

The only ones with good villain rosters are Spidey(partially owned by Sony), Thor and Hulk. MCU got lucky with Thanos.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I think the reason why the MCU has had lackluster villains(besides Thanos) is because most of Marvel's GOAT villains(Dr. Doom, Galactus, etc) are F4, X-Men and Spider-Man villains who are owned b Fox/Sony.

The Avengers in comics NEVER had a good roster of villains. X-Men have Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Gladiator, Onslaught, Juggernaut, and many others.

F4 has Dr. Doom, Galactus, Kang the Conqueror, Terrax, Hyperstorm, Ego the Living Planet, Molecule Man and the freaking damn Beyonder!

As for Spider-Man don't even get me started. All the Villains ring bells. Black Panther never had a good rogue gallery his rogue gallery always sucked ass. Ant Man same. Captain America besides Winter Soldier and Red Skull same thing. Iron Man, I never liked his rogue gallery besides Thanos(yes Thanos FIRST appeared in Iron man but soon he became more than just an iron Man villain). Thor I like Thor villains(especially Surtur) but I feel his villains havent been used right. Dr Strange potentially has a good rogue gallery but a good amount of his are owned by Fox. Hulk is one of the few who has a good stable rogue gallery. Guardians of the Galaxy villains arent great either especially considering most of their villains origins trace to the F4 comics and so the MCU cant use them at the moment. Hell the F4 literally created the cosmic aspect of the Marvel U.

The only ones with good villain rosters are Spidey(partially owned by Sony), Thor and Hulk. MCU got lucky with Thanos.

Far as I'm concerned let all the 2018 flciks from Fox do they thang and Gambit as well but after that......merge.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Hell Stan Lee tipped us back in September this was in the works

Stan Lee: Marvel Wants X-Men & Fantastic Four Rights Back

Comcast is involved to bump up the asking price from Disney is my guess for Fox as leverage.

You don't map out the MCU like this and not be ready for this moment. Fox as an entertainment company can't compete with Disney, Netflix or Amazon anymore. Outside of X-Men in films they got nada. Just like Sony was with Spider-Man.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
It's sausage making now....it's a lotta moving pieces. Character rights...TV royalties, actors residuals. Network airing rights.

Disney will make it happen. Downey and crew contracts is up soon and they can recast X-Men etc for 2022.

Maybe some cameos in 2020 if it closes next year.

The fact that they have 20 movies planned after Avengers 4 tells me they secretly have this as an agreement and are gonna wait till Spring 2018 to announce it. Just like with Spidey before Civil War.

It'll be Black Panther, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, X-Men, FF Silver Surfer etc. Gambit and Mr. Sinister would be a dope side one with the Marauders.

Hard part will be guys like Deadpool

I thought that too - but doesn't it have the highest opening weekend of all time for an R Rated movie? And if there's one thing The Mouse loves - it's paper.

It would be so dope if they made a 'Marvel Knights' movie imprint for titles like that. In the grand scheme they aren't afraid to put the Marvel name on a more adult product for the right characters, though. They just let Frank Castle murder half of NY on Netflix - so it can be done...

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I thought that too - but doesn't it have the highest opening weekend of all time for an R Rated movie? And if there's one thing The Mouse loves - it's paper.

It would be so dope if they made a 'Marvel Knights' movie imprint for titles like that. In the grand scheme they aren't afraid to put the Marvel name on a more adult product for the right characters, though. They just let Frank Castle murder half of NY on Netflix - so it can be done...

Yeah at the end of the day the paper is too long for Deadpool for them to neuter it. I think they'll do titles like his similar to when Miramax was a subsidiary under Disney. They'll keep him under a different tentpole.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

STILL worried...