ITS HERE! Cosmos with Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Space Time Odyssey Series

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
htn8iaw.jpg
Very interesting. I've been reading a lot about "consciousness" and what happens to it after we die. Where does our energy go and does it wait until it can create a "form" to which we can utilize our experiences (a body)

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
well....what happens to it. :ohhh:

:russ:. Right, I was ready for my nikka to drop some knowledge then he left to go on a bathroom break and left us hanging. :mjlol:
:pachaha: my bad. Still learning more. We still cant "measure" it past death (obviously) but who knows. It may be possible to detect the energy once it leaves our body with technology.

Others say the brain creates consciousness and when it goes, so do we. Back to how it was before birth.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
:pachaha: my bad. Still learning more. We still cant "measure" it past death (obviously) but who knows. It may be possible to detect the energy once it leaves our body with technology.

Others say the brain creates consciousness and when it goes, so do we. Back to how it was before birth.

I read a book, I think it is one of the Dan Brown books where it tried to weigh 'the soul' when someone was on their death bed. I really wish I knew what book this was now. Fiction but interesting nonetheless.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Not trying to derail this thread but there is so much amazing science occurring these days.

http://www.spitzer.caltech.edu/glimpse360
http://bgr.com/2014/03/27/milky-way-interactive-photo/

This amazing interactive 6GB photo of our galaxy took NASA 10 years to capture

milky-way-spitzer.jpg

By Zach Epstein
Thursday March 27, 2014, 10:10 AM
The photo you see above is one minuscule portion of a staggeringly massive infrared panoramic photo captured by NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope that manages to squeeze the entire Milky Way galaxy into a single photograph. That single photograph, mind you, is a 6GB file.

The Spitzer Space Telescope took 10 years to capture all of the imagery that went into building the incredible image. And the best part about this massive panorama is that NASA broke it into pieces that can be seen in a series of interactive viewers on the Spitzer website.

If you really want to get crazy, you can alsodownload the RAW files that can be combined to make up the entire Milky Way galaxy.

The main photograph is broken up into eight sections on NASA’s Spitzer website, and each section is 67,500 pixels across. AsSmithsonian.com noted, a print of the full image would be about 150 feet wide.

So what, exactly, is included in this massive 6-gigabyte photograph? Only about 300 billion stars — many of which are 13.2 billion years old — that occupy a galaxy roughly 100,000 light-years in diameter.

A video that pans through some sections of the Milky Way photo is embedded below. All of the interactive viewers can be seen on NASA’s site, which is linked down in our source section.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
MIND fukkING BLOWN. I am super fascinated by the sheer size of our reality. The universe is soooo huge! We are mere speck. A mere dust particle to the vastness of the universe. It just amazing how big we think we were when in reality, we don't even register on the galactic map. Virgo Supercluster...

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
MIND fukkING BLOWN. I am super fascinated by the sheer size of our reality. The universe is soooo huge! We are mere speck. A mere dust particle to the vastness of the universe. It just amazing how big we think we were when in reality, we don't even register on the galactic map. Virgo Supercluster...

This is the "pale blue dot" picture, made famous by Carl Sagan. It's a picture of Earth taken by voyager :whew:
palebluedot.jpg

We're just a speck of dust :wow:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I posted that on my Instagram and it freak some if my egostical, narcissistic friends out knowing all the selfies and thirty nikkas that follow them don't mean shyt in the grand cosmic scheme of things.

Just caught up on all the episodes. The best tv show I have ever fukking seen. The absolute best thing on TV. Just well produced and they made it easy for people to grasp the basic concepts. Especially with the animation.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
third episode was really something else
the animation of the milky way and andromeda encounter was a thing of beauty
if only humans could spend more time learning about this stuff instead of killing each other