ITS HERE! Cosmos with Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Space Time Odyssey Series

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
GrxTtMo.png

Pawn

well, sh!t..
Daps
Reppin
7.... gxh1N#

Pawn

well, sh!t..
Daps
Reppin
7.... gxh1N#
Curmudgeon ass Hooke. :pacspit:

Hooke was good friends with the adventurer Captain Robert Knox, who often traveled to distant lands to acquire strange plants and other curiosities. One such curiosity, brought back to London in 1689, was a quantity of “bangue,” or marijuana. In Hooke’s diary entry from October 24, 1689, he describes it as a “wood spongy like a rush. beset with thornes 2 inch long & sharp like furs…” This plant was “accounted very wholsome. though for a time it takes away the memory & understanding.” In December, he gave the Royal Society a lecture on cannabis:

… The Vertues, or Quality thereof, are [in India] very well known; and the Use thereof (tho’ the Effects are very strange, and, at first hearing, frightful enough) is very general and frequent: and the Person, from whom I received it, hath made very many Trials of it, on himself, with very good Effect.

But cannabis, although wonderful, was only rarely available. Hooke tended to prefer opiates for a good night’s sleep.
http://www.samryan.net/robert-hooke/

tumblr_ms051b4HJQ1rl1rfao1_500.jpg

If he had moar cannabis....:yeshrug:

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
This episode was aight to me. Good info, don't get me wrong, I learned a bit more about Newton and Hooke, and can't say I remember learning about Halley at all but I just wished the episode was about more than just the 3 of them. It felt more "Science History" than Science. Still can't wait for next week though :salute:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like those stories about Newton and Hooke, it really is a parallel for modern times and shows how petty politics gets in the way of progress.

Graog was probably feeling the same way when that crab nikka Kruuu was hating on his wheel. :pacspit:

Oh1one

Motherland funk
Daps
Reppin
Joburg
Just watched the second episode. Two things had me like :ohhh:

• Mutation is random.
  • Evolution doesn't happen to one person but to a group of people (Think this is roughly what was said)

Am learning some ish