It's happening: GameStop is going to close about 150 of its stores this year due to slumping sales

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
GameStop is the only place to really trade in games. They're. Necessary evil
You can trade in games at bestbuy, and I'm pretty sure you can trade them in at Amazon and Walmart also. The bigger point is why are you trading games in? I don't understand why there are still people out there renting games for $40 - $50 still. You do know they have red box right?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
You can trade in games at bestbuy, and I'm pretty sure you can trade them in at Amazon and Walmart also. The bigger point is why are you trading games in? I don't understand why there are still people out there renting games for $40 - $50 still. You do know they have red box right?
Only games worth keeping are multiplayer games you play often enough. Anything else is just taking up space. I don't replay single player.

And I buy used games :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
can i sell it or borrow it? or do i just temporarily own the license

At the moment? Nope... They're trying to eliminate the used market... and it won't work... Whoever figures out how a gamer can transfer the license to another person for money will win, and it's coming...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At the moment? Nope... They're trying to eliminate the used market... and it won't work... Whoever figures out how a gamer can transfer the license to another person for money will win, and it's coming...
no its not, a large segment of the population wants physical media. but like i said, if the price of games drops to 20 bucks, ill go digital

Daps
Reppin
NULL
no its not, a large segment of the population wants physical media. but like i said, if the price of games drops to 20 bucks, ill go digital

I agree with you for the most part.... I'd rather have physical media simply because it's tangible and can be resold... it's a millennia aged business model that greedy people are trying to turn on its ear since digital games/media is in its infancy... shyt ain't going to work tho... Regulations haven't caught up with the technology yet, but it will. It has too.... even if they gotta invent virtual currency