its crazy how black women all see each other as competition

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
:yawn:

Females are partly programmed to do it,” explains Corinne Sweet, a relationship psychotherapist and author of Change Your Life with CBT. “Firstly it’s only natural to compare yourself as it gives you a point of reference which can be reassuring. However, the harsh reality is that it’s a cattle market out there and the commodity is male attention. Women are checking out the competition and identifying who the alpha female in the pack is. Women subconsciously put themselves in a hierarchy,” she claims.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10272172/Why-do-girls-check-out-other-girls.html

I mean,I'm sure that's true for many women. But it doesn't mean it's innate or a given for every single woman you see. I have a man, are you telling me that when I'm out shopping with my girlfriends, I'm sizing up every woman, even though my man isn't even with me? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, that's one woman's theory. Not a law of science. :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean,I'm sure that's true for many women. But it doesn't mean it's innate or a given for every single woman you see. I have a man, are you telling me that when I'm out shopping with my girlfriends, I'm sizing up every woman, even though my man isn't even with me? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, that's one woman's theory. Not a law of science. :heh:

How the concept of hypergamy exists for women, we males also desire the best for ourselves. Be it a more attractive female etc.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
How the concept of hypergamy exists for women, we males also desire the best for ourselves. Be it a more attractive female etc.

Yeah, but I think this a Westernized concept. Western civilization thrives on competition. I really don't believe we are innately designed to be like that. But if that feels good to you, then so be it. I don't enjoy or invite the spirit of animosity and rivalry it engenders. Cooperation and collaboration feels more natural to me and I try to display that in how I interact with other women and men.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And you have said that... anything else you need to get off your chest? :dahell:

The day I see 1 of you thots in a movie, music, sports, current events thread will be a first. Too concerned with about your trash box to have an opinion on anything real.

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Some women are in competition with each other and some women do compare themselves with one another. There are also women who could careless and are worried about other things. What is so hard about that to believe:what:
Which category do you fall into? :lupe:

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
The day I see 1 of you thots in a movie, music, sports, current events thread will be a first. Too concerned with about your trash box to have an opinion on anything real.

Why are you concerned about where people post?

Do you have such little control in your real life that you feel the need to come here and control where women post? Why aren't you lobbying for the male posters on this site to have an opinion on anything "real"?

Are you in competition with women? Are you a woman?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Which category do you fall into? :lupe:

I don't compete honestly. What am I competing for? A man? How I look? My clothes? :heh: I am sure I have compared before, but most of the time I am on the receiving end of a woman trying to compete with me. Never understood why they even would be trying to*

I am not even paying attention enough to what some other chick has going on to try to compete with her.

I post on The Film Room regularly. I even have a couple of threads there. Never seen you there before though.:usure::lolbron:

We can post where ever. You don't have to prove your "worthiness of posting" another poster that's the dumbest thing ever :heh:

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
I don't compete honestly. What am I competing for? A man? How I look? My clothes? :heh: I am sure I have compared before, but most of the time I am on the receiving end of a woman trying to compete with me. Never understood that.

I am not even paying attention enough to what some other chick has going on to try to compete with her.

We can post where ever. You don't have to prove your "worthiness of posting" another poster that's the dumbest thing ever :heh:
There's no need for you to compete. You've got them all beat :noah::russ:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
There's no need for you to compete. You've got them all beat :noah::russ:

:whoa: Its not even like that. I am saying there are some women who are like that, in constant competition with other women. If you are not that type of woman (plenty that are not) you become a target.