Its been 10 years since "Chocolate Rain" dropped

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
10 years ago:

What the hell is this? Why is his voice so deep? Why is this viral? Why the hell is this so popular? What is he saying? What the hell does Chocolate Rain mean?

10 years later:

Chocolate Rain
The same crime has a higher price to pay
Chocolate Rain
The judge and jury swear it's not the face

:wow::wow:

Chocolate Rain
Dirty secrets of economy
Chocolate Rain
Turns that body into GDP

Chocolate Rain
The bell curve blames the baby's DNA
Chocolate Rain
But test scores are how much the parents made

:wow:

Chocolate Rain
The school books say it can't be here again
Chocolate Rain
The prisons make you wonder where it went

Chocolate Rain
Build a tent and say the world as dry
Chocolate Rain
Zoom the camera out and see the lie

Chocolate Rain
Forecast to be falling yesterday
Chocolate Rain
Only in the past is what they say

:salute:
I didn't realize how much truth he was kicking back when this first came out. I want to say it's more relevant today than it was when it first dropped. :ohlawd:

4290013.jpg

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps

They thought they were just mocking a funny sounding dude by turning him into a meme. Tay ran with it and people made this man rich all the while completely ignoring the message of the song. Sad in some ways, hilarious in other ways but he won regardless.

Last edited:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
This interview pretty much sums it up.

The ignorance, the mockery, the stupidity.

Listening to the interview you can tell he didn't want to reveal the meaning of the lyrics to these fools. Sadly the song wouldn't have blew up had he straight up said what the lyrics meant, he played it smart and reaped the benefits. It's basically a "those who know, know" kind of thing, dude knew exactly what he was doing.

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
Oh shyt.

It is almost 4am...My ass has insomnia.

I see this thread. Opened it.

Blown the fukk away. I am listening to this shyt and can't believe I never REALLY listened to it.

10 years...The lyrics and meaning have always been there...But the viral nature and comedy around it had me blind as shyt.

This was literally like a glimpse into what white privilege and ignorance is. Literally could not see or hear the message until just fukking now.

I sound like I'm trolling but I'm not. Wow.
you aren't the only one breh. it wasnt until a couple years ago i went back and really listened.
i was beside myself as well

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
They thought they were just mocking a funny sounding dude by turning him into a meme. Tay ran with it and white people made this man rich all the while completely ignoring the message of the song. Sad in some ways, hilarious in other ways but he won regardless.

Yeah I thought people made fun because Tay was a 30something year old grown man with a James earl deep voice but looks like a teen and made awkward faces with his mouth.

The song was deep though. The world wasn't ready

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Yo this song not even bad for real the lyrics are dope. I know youtubers clowned and made it a meme but with a better backing beat and better video quality it could have been :mj::blessed:
I liked all the remixes, but the drum and bass remix is the one I still come back to.

nahc-4 lawst for trying to clown Zonday. That nikka was a pioneer, organic and unforced, the direct opposite of a plant. All props and praise to Zonday.