Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Oh shyt.

It is almost 4am...My ass has insomnia.

I see this thread. Opened it.

Blown the fukk away. I am listening to this shyt and can't believe I never REALLY listened to it.

10 years...The lyrics and meaning have always been there...But the viral nature and comedy around it had me blind as shyt.

This was literally like a glimpse into white privilege and ignorance is. Literally could not see or hear the message until just fukking now.

I sound like I'm trolling but I'm not. Wow.
This was dope:banderas:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Oh shyt.

Blown the fukk away. I am listening to this shyt and can't believe I never REALLY listened to it.

10 years...The lyrics and meaning have always been there...But the viral nature and comedy around it had me blind as shyt.

This was literally like a glimpse into what white privilege and ignorance is. Literally could not see or hear the message until just fukking now.

exactly my thought lol

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never paid attention to the lyrics. Saw the video and the voice jokes & commentary about him being James Earl Jones/Darth Vader in the voice. Didn't realize that's his natural voice till much later...Wasn't just music.

But yeah when you break it down. It flashes back to slavery when we grew the economy (GDP) and we had derivatives taken against us for money like a cash crop in corn, tabacoo etc. We weren't human...Just a crop.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps

The irony is racism is often ignored and the message of this song addressing it was ignored too. I remember not understanding when I first heard this song back in the day but it's crazy how nobody straight up listened to the lyrics. The song was made in such a way that you had to truly listen in order to understand. The chocolate rain part became the meme, almost by design. As if Tay knew that the message would get buried underneath the way his voice sounded and how he was acting kind of 'strange' during the performance of the song. He knew what he was doing. He performed the song on multiple different platforms and nobody was actually listening to what he was saying.

This is like a larger version of "For us by us on the low."

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Oh shyt.

This was literally like a glimpse into what white privilege and ignorance is. Literally could not see or hear the message until just fukking now.

Yo u for real same here

I always thought this was a joke.. I mean... I always fukked with it... But i never listened to the lyrics

:wow: