Its been 10 years since "Chocolate Rain" dropped

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
"Chocolate rain" was the only part of the song that became popular. It became a meme. Everything in between was completely ignored. You had to literally read between the lines in order to get the message. It's absolute genius.

The song gets more relevant with time as well. Definition of a classic.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really do miss the early wild west days of the internet.

Faaaacctts! :noah:

The late '00s was probably the golden age of the Internet. It was late enough for the Internet to be advanced, but early enough so that the masses and the corporations hadn't ruined it.

Myspace, early Facebook, early YouTube, good traffic on forum sites, online dating was much easier...

Damn, I miss those days :to:.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Oh shyt.

It is almost 4am...My ass has insomnia.

I see this thread. Opened it.

Blown the fukk away. I am listening to this shyt and can't believe I never REALLY listened to it.

10 years...The lyrics and meaning have always been there...But the viral nature and comedy around it had me blind as shyt.

This was literally like a glimpse into what white privilege and ignorance is. Literally could not see or hear the message until just fukking now.

I sound like I'm trolling but I'm not. Wow.
Same.....

:wow:

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I used to fukk with this song, but man dude a goofy looking breh, and his voice funny, but the song was deep af. I would go far as to say the lyrics are genius level. and 10 years :wtf:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I had never even heard of this song until last year when I saw this thread. Listened to it and I was like :wow:.

I'm surprised it went over everybody's heads, but at the same time, I'm not. It was an amateur video made by a guy whose face didn't match the voice, in the early days of YouTube. Plus, it was 2007. Back then, people just wanted to dance. :francis: