“It’s all just a distraction…” is by far the laziest tin foil breh trope

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Question for OP, but for anybody it applies to.
Why continue to engage with a person like that?

We live in the real world, and person who detached himself from reality and facts has mentally checked out.
What is to be gained by discussion with him?
People have value besides opinions about things that don't even involve them.
There's no proof of a higher power but many are religious, are all religious people not worth talking to? I don't think so.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Big property managers and PE firms nationwide colluding to keep rental costs high, staggering rental terms and prices, blaming “market price”

This was obvious for over a decade, just getting exposed

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ:I hate that shyt so much op. I can’t lie I’ll go down them conspiracy rabbit holes. From time to time and I have no problem with people questioning things. But nothing is more annoying than those tinfoil hats. Thinking everything is a distraction, and they’re the only ones put on game. It be like :snoop:“There was a mass shooting at the mall recently.”
:sas1:“The elites are just distracting us”
:what:“Distracting us from what?”
:sas2:“If you know you know”
:why:???

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're fukking morons, it's weird that there's tangible, verifiable evidence of fukkery from identifiable businesses or individuals and you'll have people talking about shadowy organizations or whatever else.

Getting people deep into conspiracy theory is the REAL distraction and when they've got the memory span of a mouse, it's easy for completely bullshyt legislation to pass.

No aliens or secret cabals necessary just an ignorant public that allows the shyt to happen.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I truly believe the opposite is more impactful. Tin foils make real discussion an impossibility because of how far left (in direction, not political spectrum) the convo goes.

It only becomes an impossibility if you waste your time focusing on the broken or stupid people presented to you. Maybe you're right and your friend is legit crazy. Maybe he's just really really poor at articulating himself/ideas and you need to learn to listen better. Either way, you're right about one thing: you have to actively curate what you allow into your mindspace. Otherwise you're just letting life happen to you instead of living it...and down that path lies spoon feeding.

@Absolut off the top of my head around here:

The gossip threads
The don't vote threads
The passport bro threads
The diaspora "war" silliness and attendant characters
The gender "war" silliness and attendant characters
The talk show content masked as podcasts
The pr0n addiction threads

All that (added up to the others) goes beyond simple here's what they think about you awareness kinds of threads...and even that is it's own kind of consistent psychological assault. That's well into here's how lowly you should think of yourselves territory.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:russ:I hate that shyt so much op. I can’t lie I’ll go down them conspiracy rabbit holes. From time to time and I have no problem with people questioning things. But nothing is more annoying than those tinfoil hats. Thinking everything is a distraction, and they’re the only ones put on game. It be like :snoop:“There was a mass shooting at the mall recently.”
:sas1:“The elites are just distracting us”
:what:“Distracting us from what?”
:sas2:“If you know you know”
:why:???
I will say reporting on mass shooting usually devolves into some race thing depending on the ethnicity of the shooter and pits one group against another which is a distraction from how the elites are robbing us and the world blind. The only way we actually can beat the monied interest is by regular folks unifying/being on the same page. But the news actively works against it. Maybe people have trouble articulating what they mean but it doesn't make their opinion crazy or not worth listening to.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
there is a segment of the population who is all worked up and in their feeling over shyt they see online

things they have no direct knowledge of......but they act like they're on the frontlines

just gotta let them be bruh because they choose that shyt 🤣

plenty on this site and they aint stopping shyt

life goes on with or without you

get in where u fit in

aint nobody distracted people minding they business and handling they business GTFOH

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I've had to distance myself from a close friend of mine due to him gravitating toward CT echo chambers. We're still cool, but I've had to limit my contact with him because EVERYTHING has some ulterior motive. He was always anti-authoritarian which I don't have an issue with, because I share some of those same views, but he has gone into overdrive since COVID. Black rock this...World Economic Forum that.

Even last week he was going on about the impending strike at the US/Canadian border by CBSA workers. He's going on and on about it's some push for isolationism. How the government is working to bring trade to a stalemate to drive inflation through the roof, and make purchasing basic goods impossible.

I told him it wont last a week. There was a strike Friday (they're essential so they can't strike in the conventional way, they just slow shyt down to a crawl.) The governments brought in mediators, strike was put on hold, and by Monday they had a tentative deal. I told him "See...I told you"... Dude didn't respond for 3 days.

You become dangerous when everything you absorb is critically wrong, and all based on opinion. Usually spewed by someone with absolutely no real evidence or experience.
I mean ain’t black rock the company that owns a crazy amount of real estate, one of them companies who been buying up homes

And the world economic forum is definitely some shyt people follow and research on, or at least people in the west follow, you know the same west we currently live under now, you might fukk around and see what these bankers and economic powers that be could potentially be setting up for the near future

Chew the meat and spit out the bone, don’t let y’all “echo chamber” friends or family keep yall sleep on some shyt