“It’s all just a distraction…” is by far the laziest tin foil breh trope

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The worst thing about conspiracy thinking is that it is a (very) poorly executed attempt at critical thinking. Jokes about conspiracy thinking is one of the biggest weapons used by people with power to discourage people from actually developing and using real critical thinking skills to take their power away. So, even though conspiracy nuts are bad, the people complaining about them are really no better or sometimes even worse because these people tend to be those who have completely bought into corporate ideology and shuck and jive for them.

This is why Kyrie needs to be protected.
You lost me after the first sentence. People complain about conspiracy nuts because they co-op ACTUAL conspiracies with bullshyt and ruin actual facts.

Its not even close to critical thinking…which is why they say theyre “free thinkers”. Its a license to be a dumb bullshyter.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Nah, see that's exactly what I mean. They use it against people like that. Now any attempt at criticism in the vein of People in power use publicity about minor news to drown out information about unfair power relations in society is equated to What are you? Tucker Carlson? when the actual original point is completely valid and very important. But because some conspiracy nuts misuse the concept people start attacking it and associating it with an invalid point/attitude.

It's like dismissing science because some people practice poor/pseudo-science. It's irrational.
They aren’t even close to equivalent fam.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, see that's exactly what I mean. They use it against people like that. Now any attempt at criticism in the vein of People in power use publicity about minor news to drown out information about unfair power relations in society is equated to What are you? Tucker Carlson? when the actual original point is completely valid and very important. But because some conspiracy nuts misuse the concept people start attacking it and associating it with an invalid point/attitude.

It's like dismissing science because some people practice poor/pseudo-science. It's irrational.
Nah you're missing the point.
There has to be some merit behind the question.

People like Kyrie haven't ever had any real basis for their foolishness.

You really think dismissing a guy who fukkin questioned a spherical earth is somehow protecting the powers that be?

:what:

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I've had to distance myself from a close friend of mine due to him gravitating toward CT echo chambers. We're still cool, but I've had to limit my contact with him because EVERYTHING has some ulterior motive. He was always anti-authoritarian which I don't have an issue with, because I share some of those same views, but he has gone into overdrive since COVID. Black rock this...World Economic Forum that.

Even last week he was going on about the impending strike at the US/Canadian border by CBSA workers. He's going on and on about it's some push for isolationism. How the government is working to bring trade to a stalemate to drive inflation through the roof, and make purchasing basic goods impossible.

I told him it wont last a week. There was a strike Friday (they're essential so they can't strike in the conventional way, they just slow shyt down to a crawl.) The governments brought in mediators, strike was put on hold, and by Monday they had a tentative deal. I told him "See...I told you"... Dude didn't respond for 3 days.

You become dangerous when everything you absorb is critically wrong, and all based on opinion. Usually spewed by someone with absolutely no real evidence or experience.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You lost me after the first sentence. People complain about conspiracy nuts because they co-op ACTUAL conspiracies with bullshyt and ruin actual facts.

Its not even close to critical thinking…which is why they say theyre “free thinkers”. Its a license to be a dumb bullshyter.
That's the point. Some people are like that. But some (political and social) issues are contested and indeed influenced by people with power who conspire to keep their power and the average person is very naive about this.

That's why people with power in society love publicity around conspiracy thinking because the average person only takes away the message that thinking for yourself and going against mainstream thought propagated through mainstream media is dangerous and will lead you to think crazy things. But in reality most people live in a completely irrational ideology that is imposed on them by people who control the resources in society. But dumb/naive people don't like to be told/shown they're dumb so there always has to be a narrative that the average person is pretty solid/well-informed and that we as a society only need to point and make fun of the "dangerous conspiracy nuts". Because this makes the dumb person feel smart, knowing that they can at least spot other people who are dumb. So that becomes the new bar. Publicizing the dumbest in society so that the average person can feel smart.

When developing actual critical thinking requires telling the average person that they're not so smart and that most of their beliefs can be challenged credibly. This is what many of the "conspiracy nuts" try to do but they're just too dumb to actually do it well themselves so they make critical thinking look bad. And for the average person this reinforces the notion that they're "smart", which actually makes them even less likely to develop real critical thinking skills so that they will remain dumb. And this is how the cycle tends to continue.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I've had to distance myself from a close friend of mine due to him gravitating toward CT echo chambers. We're still cool, but I've had to limit my contact with him because EVERYTHING has some ulterior motive. He was always anti-authoritarian which I don't have an issue with, because I share some of those same views, but he has gone into overdrive since COVID. Black rock this...World Economic Forum that.

Even last week he was going on about the impending strike at the US/Canadian border by CBSA workers. He's going on and on about it's some push for isolationism. How the government is working to bring trade to a stalemate to drive inflation through the roof, and make purchasing basic goods impossible.

I told him it wont last a week. There was a strike Friday (they're essential so they can't strike in the conventional way, they just slow shyt down to a crawl.) The governments brought in mediators, strike was put on hold, and by Monday they had a tentative deal. I told him "See...I told you"... Dude didn't respond for 3 days.

You become dangerous when everything you absorb is critically wrong, and all based on opinion. Usually spewed by someone with absolutely no real evidence or experience.
Thats him…this guy is literally my best friend…hs, college roomates, etc….everything goes there.

In his case its been a slow slide since college / post 911 stuff but its overdose now

We got the same diploma, and college degree…He doesnt keep a 9-5 and works for temp agencies and under the table because “i dont want a big company having all his info”. :snoop:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
It can be, sure.

At the same time, shoving difficult issues under the "conspiracy theory" umbrella also makes it expedient to make excuses for not tackling them.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
There’s only so much “thinking outside the box” I can take before I switch convo

All that conspiracy theory , Alex Jones, Zeitgeist, Above Top Secret shyt is just a cover for white supremacy

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Yea and they never can fully explain what they are distracting us from. They just give vague answers like

“Look around you :dahell:

“pay attention :dahell:

There’s nikkas on this site who do this
It's what stupid people do so they can feel included in high level conversations. Terrence Howard is a good example of a person like that. Dude has been on camera saying things he thinks are smart while a person who ACTUALLY has the info calls him out on it and then he changes the subject.

Thought is like a muscle. People who think build up their ability to think. Analyzing a situation, seeking out information, comparing that information, testing a hypothesis...these are all actions that can be unpleasant and humbling, like trying to dead lift your bodyweight.

Pseudointellectuals and conspiracy theorists are like the woman who gets a bbl and then goes to the gym, sets up a camera, pretends to work out for 5 minutes, then leaves and posts up the video on social media. She calls herself a "personal trainer and entrepreneur" in the bio. She doesn't want to actually do the work, but wants to be treated the same as someone who does. America has a problem with idiots who refuse to think critically but want to be treated as experts. I blame the monetization of post secondary college a lack of serious federal standards, a lack of moderation on social media, and obsession with austerity at a state level.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same people in here trying to roast people for conspiracy theories believing people like joe bidens lies with no hesitation :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That's the point. Some people are like that. But some (political and social) issues are contested and indeed influenced by people with power who conspire to keep their power and the average person is very naive about this.

That's why people with power in society love publicity around conspiracy thinking because the average person only takes away the message that thinking for yourself and going against mainstream thought propagated through mainstream media is dangerous and will lead you to think crazy things. But in reality most people live in a completely irrational ideology that is imposed on them by people who control the resources in society. But dumb/naive people don't like to be told/shown they're dumb so there always has to be a narrative that the average person is pretty solid/well-informed and that we as a society only need to point and make fun of the "dangerous conspiracy nuts". Because this makes the dumb person feel smart, knowing that they can at least spot other people who are dumb. So that becomes the new bar. Publicizing the dumbest in society so that the average person can feel smart.

When developing actual critical thinking requires telling the average person that they're not so smart and that most of their beliefs can be challenged credibly. This is what many of the "conspiracy nuts" try to do but they're just too dumb to actually do it well themselves so they make critical thinking look bad. And for the average person this reinforces the notion that they're "smart", which actually makes them even less likely to develop real critical thinking skills so that they will remain dumb. And this is how the cycle tends to continue.
Maybe we’re talking about different degrees of these people.

Like, i believe there could be suspicous things about the water supply, ownership of those rights and mineral rights in the future. I however don’t believe it is the legion of doom or jews, or a one world government’s plot to control migration patterns or birth rates and to poison the water to make everyone gay or docile. I just think it is rich people trying to get and stay richer.

People who believe the tinfoil shyt above do not deserve protection. They deserve embarrassment. They make exploring a real issue more difficult.