“It’s all just a distraction…” is by far the laziest tin foil breh trope

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It can be, sure.

At the same time, shoving difficult issues under the "conspiracy theory" umbrella also makes it expedient to make excuses for not tackling them.
I truly believe the opposite is more impactful. Tin foils make real discussion an impossibility because of how far left (in direction, not political spectrum) the convo goes.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
One of my best homies is this guy…no matter what we’re talking about it’ll take a left turn into the unrespondable “:ufdup: its just a distraction from whats REALLY going on :mjpls:

And “whats really going on” could be anything they want to annoy you with…nuclear war…food supply…left or right wing pedophelia…the nwo…etc

“Man, thats fukkin crazy about that shooting downtown :francis:
“Yeah but how do we even know it happened? I havent seen any videos yet…:mjpls:
“Breh i was there…i had to duck under a car :dwillhuh:
“Yeah but really they let that shyt happen, its all a distraction from whats REALLY going on…:youngsabo:
:beli:
Ahh yes. The smart dumb nikka mantra. Everybody is so hyperaware nowadays. Nobody is ever fooled. "They" always saw "it" coming. Whatever "it" is. That type of thinking is how you end up with most of the bullshyt dialogue on social media.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
VwkAF-.gif

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Same people in here trying to roast people for conspiracy theories believing people like joe bidens lies with no hesitation
Please quote the person who supports Biden while not knowing the US government has been on bullshyt for a couple hundred years.

The whole point of even supporting democrats is because they are the only mainstream party that even recognizes the evil that the US has done. Only party to admit to white supremacist factors in the development of the nation.

Why would a person who understands this believe 100% of anything the nation does? By definition, following Bidens party is recognition of an imperfect and corrupt system.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It's what stupid people do so they can feel included in high level conversations. Terrence Howard is a good example of a person like that. Dude has been on camera saying things he thinks are smart while a person who ACTUALLY has the info calls him out on it and then he changes the subject.

Thought is like a muscle. People who think build up their ability to think. Analyzing a situation, seeking out information, comparing that information, testing a hypothesis...these are all actions that can be unpleasant and humbling, like trying to dead lift your bodyweight.

Pseudointellectuals and conspiracy theorists are like the woman who gets a bbl and then goes to the gym, sets up a camera, pretends to work out for 5 minutes, then leaves and posts up the video on social media. She calls herself a "personal trainer and entrepreneur" in the bio. She doesn't want to actually do the work, but wants to be treated the same as someone who does. America has a problem with idiots who refuse to think critically but want to be treated as experts. I blame the monetization of post secondary college a lack of serious federal standards, a lack of moderation on social media, and obsession with austerity at a state level.

Very well said. :ehh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You lost me after the first sentence. People complain about conspiracy nuts because they co-op ACTUAL conspiracies with bullshyt and ruin actual facts.

Its not even close to critical thinking…which is why they say theyre “free thinkers”. Its a license to be a dumb bullshyter.
Hmm. . . What's an example of an "Actual conspiracy"? lol

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We got the same diploma, and college degree…He doesnt keep a 9-5 and works for temp agencies and under the table because “i dont want a big company having all his info”. :snoop:
This is exactly what I mean. This is perhaps a poorly executed attempt at stating the problem and dealing with it but there is a very serious and real social issue underlying it. That's not a made up thing.

Instead of emphasizing his inability to be eloquent or analytically sharp and socially impactful about it, you could try to read up on those real issues and try to find common ground. I mean.. if he's really close to you like that. :manny:

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Thats him…this guy is literally my best friend…hs, college roomates, etc….everything goes there.

In his case its been a slow slide since college / post 911 stuff but its overdose now

We got the same diploma, and college degree…He doesnt keep a 9-5 and works for temp agencies and under the table because “i dont want a big company having all his info”. :snoop:

I'm not gonna lie...I was just popping into adulthood when Zeitgeist dropped, and Alex Jones was really starting to pick up steam. I fell for the okie doke of the Fema death camps, Georgia guidestones, and other totalitarianism rhetoric. Thing is I was 19, and grew out of that shyt. It's sad seeing a grown ass man sit around searching for ways to be outraged on websites, discords and message boards, instead of trying to work within the system and make his life the best it can be for him and his family.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Hmm. . . What's an example of an "Actual conspiracy"? lol
The fbi. conspiring to take down dissident groups like the sclc, and native america. Rights group, sending letters to dr king and loretta, businesses coluding to raise and keep prices higher like in housing, iran-contra, etc

There are countless. The earth being flat and a plan to make everyone gay thru fluoride…are not

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The fbi. conspiring to take down dissident groups like the sclc, and native america. Rights group, sending letters to dr king and loretta, businesses coluding to raise and keep prices higher like in housing, iran-contra, etc

There are countless. The earth being flat and a plan to make everyone gay thru fluoride…are not
Aren't those well documented occurrences? A conspiracy in real time doesn't have documented proof of it occurring or it wouldn't be a conspiracy.
I don't like a lack of articulation and using general statements to speak about it like you were complaining about in your original post. But not believing the dominant narrative or believing or being curious about something not yet proven is just being open minded IMO.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Question for OP, but for anybody it applies to.
Why continue to engage with a person like that?

We live in the real world, and person who detached himself from reality and facts has mentally checked out.
What is to be gained by discussion with him?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

We live in the real world, and person who detached himself from reality and facts has mentally checked out.
He’s my best friend…my brother :manny:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

And btw if its like a coworker or a coli poster…i wouldn’t. Im sure this thread is full of guys i have blocked for this very reason.