It’s a whole lot of Line Straddling & Double Talk on here when it comes to the Money In The Bank Concept…

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I’ve seen a lot of people say the concept is bad, outdated, an “albatross”, etc. but they only seem to say it after stupid ass cash ins by the wrestlers/booking.

- Austin Theory cashing in on the US title immediately after an open challenge was given for that same title…

- Drew Mac cashing in during the match instead of just waiting for it to end and giving himself MUCH better odds at winning.

But in the weeks leading up to the show nobody on here said any of those negative things in regards to the concept. Just speculation on who we thought/wanted to win the match.

Didn’t see that talk after Priest cashed in at Mania nor when Iyo did last year. (Proof is in the threads)

Also don’t hear no talk about how it’s gonna hold Tiffany back and hinder career. :jbhmm:

Didn’t see nobody say anything like that when NXT introduced a similar concept either.:jbhmm:

Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?:jbhmm:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
If Drew cashed in after the match and made it just a singles match, he left himself open to having his title match potentially end in a DQ. Needed to make it a triple threat to take that outcome out of play :troll:
Drew should have made it a cage match so Punk couldn't get in. :troll:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
People are absolutely convinced that Drew should win the World Championship right now

I get that he didn’t really gelatin proper run and recently every time he gets close he comes up short but he’s not coming close to the World Title for a long time because Gunther is holding it for at least an year & 1/2

Plus if people are upset that someone else didn’t win well and hey would’ve had a failed cash in too nobody in that match was winning an World or WWE title in the near future

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I love the concept.. I think maybe the move would have been not have it every single year. It did get a little watered down with some of the winners and how they carried it out, but that's part of the problem with having to do it every year for almost two decades.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
They breathed life into it with Damien, but before he got it, it hadn’t meant shyt for years. It’s not the concept itself, but it’s how they have been handling it. Personally I was a huge fan of how this years played out.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
for the IWC its only bad when their fantasy booking doesnt play out how it should

That can apply to all us fans to some extent. I'm sure there was fans cheering for various results regarding the mitb and championship. Not just Drew winning the title. Of course you can't please everyone. Can't have multiple people holding title at same time even if all may be deserving.

Far as the concept goes, it's a good one but just wasn't the right time to have it in my opinion. Especially after the kotr tourney and a title match buildup already in place. Seemed like it would clutter things up too much. We'll see how next year goes if it continues.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Far as the concept goes, it's a good one but just wasn't the right time to have it in my opinion. Especially after the kotr tourney and a title match buildup already in place. Seemed like it would clutter things up too much.
very true

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
MITB is annoying now. Fans act every like MITB winner has to be the next the big thing and win, and if you don’t cash in after 3 months we sit around calling the holder a dummy.

Drew was the best choice because it added more fuel to punk vs Drew which is one of the best feuds in wrestling in recent memory

Anyone else would have been a Austin theory situation where we’re wondering when will they cash it just to lose.

And before anyone responds with dudes like gable or la knight could have one it keep that to yourself lol I would rather see a cena title shot against Cody or Gunther vs Lesnar for the world title and I didn’t need those nikkas fukking that up. the everyone deserves a title audience that is big in the wrestling community be annoying with that shyt

At least with tiffy it gives her something to do and adds to her character

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I still like the MITB (and whatever other companies call their versions) concept.
I sometimes like a wrestler holding the briefcase for a long time, but I also enjoy short runs before a cash-in like Big E had. Immediate cash-ins like Drew attempted over the weekend can be cool, too.
The most important part to me is the story being told around the briefcase/cash-in. If there's a logical, well laid out reason for a long/short length of time before a cash-in, I'm cool with it.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
images