It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Daps
Again as I’ve been complaining about all season with Kerr and he’s done it last night when Steph is hot let him rock it’s that simple.. nobody saying extend his fukkin minutes wtf
Except that’s EXACTLY what you’re saying - to leave him in to play more minutes. You want Kerr to leave him out there when he was hot, but you’re not willing to give a breakdown on how many minutes he should’ve played in that first half and when he should’ve rested.

All the while not acknowledging that it didn’t matter how many minutes Steph played in that first half or what his rotation was, it still wouldn’t have done anything to change that collapse the Warriors had in the third quarter, of which Steph played almost the entire period.

The loss had absolutely nothing to do with Kerr taking Steph out when he did in the first half. The loss was about nearly everything else but that.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Except that’s EXACTLY what you’re saying - to leave him in to play more minutes. You want Kerr to leave him out there when he was hot, but you’re not willing to give a breakdown on how many minutes he should’ve played in that first half and when he should’ve rested.

All the while not acknowledging that it didn’t matter how many minutes Steph played in that first half or what his rotation was, it still wouldn’t have done anything to change that collapse the Warriors had in the third quarter, of which Steph played almost the entire period.

The loss had absolutely nothing to do with Kerr taking Steph out when he did in the first half. The loss was about nearly everything else but that.
Normally he’s around 33 mins a night that’s on average… Steph was flaming so leave him in nothing hard about that.. We have lost games purely on kerr’s shyt rotations

how many times we’ve seen Steph single Handley keep a game close and eventually break it open? Last night was literally that instance because eventually the clips was going to overreact on Steph and leave everyone else open..

Daps
Normally he’s around 33 mins a night that’s on average… Steph was flaming so leave him in nothing hard about that.. We have lost games purely on kerr’s shyt rotations
The fact you still can’t answer my question yet keep replying with some vague bullshyt tells me all I need to know.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
We gotta start playing defense. The issue is we have a bunch of nikkas (Poole, Lee, Bjelica) that get a ton of minutes that have zero pride in defense. Wiggins looked bad out there also. Most of it is due to the fact that we can’t stay in front of anyone. And with the severe lack of size, as soon as anyone gets in the paint, we immediately over-help and it leads to a corner 3. We also aren’t rotating fast enough and everyone gets lost too easily. A lot of our reserves can’t play back-to-backs at all so we are pretty much conceding a game before it starts. Iguodala has played less than half the games this season and could only play 6 mins before he was done vs OKC. He’s not gonna be ready for the playoffs. Because they won’t commit to a center, we have Kuminga playing the 5, which he hasn’t done before. Dude is a SF, and has to play 2 spots out of his position. GP2 isn’t getting play time either and Klay refuses to make the easy pass to a open teammate. It happened at least twice yesterday that klay had 2 guys defending him, and he didn’t even pass to Otto who was open on the perimeter. Kerr gotta reign that in. It’s his job as coach. Wiggins only took 10 shots last night. IDK if it’s because they don’t run anything for a specific player in this “all lives matter” offense or what, but he gotta get more touches than that, ESPECIALLY when klay is stinking it up (maybe the 2 issues are related). He also has to get better at FTs. Shooting 66% on FTs as a wing is unacceptable. Something was up when Steph was cooking and we couldn’t get any separation.

Daps
how many times we’ve seen Steph single Handley keep a game close and eventually break it open? Last night was literally that instance because eventually the clips was going to overreact on Steph and leave everyone else open..
Except last night wasn’t one of those instances. The Warriors defense throughout the entire game and nobody else stepping up to help Steph on offense (particularly in the third quarter) meant that wasn’t going to happen.

This is just you manipulating what happened into [wrongly] blaming Kerr again.

Daps
Wiggins only took 10 shots last night. IDK if it’s because they don’t run anything for a specific player in this “all lives matter” offense or what, but he gotta get more touches than that, ESPECIALLY when klay is stinking it up (maybe the 2 issues are related).
Have you not seen Wiggins play before he came onto this squad? This is who he is. He has a passive temperament; it plagued his play throughout his entire time on the T’Wolves. You ask any Minny fan and one of the most common criticisms about his play you’ll hear is his lack of aggression, where he just floats through games, as if he’s detached from the play on every other possession. He’s not that skilled where you can run specific plays for him outside of the system, it’s why he’s struggled to create for himself all season when Steph isn’t on the floor.

If he’s not given the ball in scoring position, he’ll likely end up dribbling into trouble or he’ll just get rid of the ball, altogether.

He gets plenty of touches and/or opportunities to get the ball, more than he would everywhere else, he just doesn’t want it like that. This is what I’ve been trying to tell you all season and why he isn’t going to deliver when the team needs him most.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Have you not seen Wiggins play before he came onto this squad? This is who he is. He has a passive temperament; it plagued his play throughout his entire time on the T’Wolves. You ask any Minny fan and one of the most common criticisms about his play you’ll hear is his lack of aggression, where he just floats through games, as if he’s detached from the play on every other possession. He’s not that skilled where you can run specific plays for him outside of the system, it’s why he’s struggled to create for himself all season when Steph isn’t on the floor.

If he’s not given the ball in scoring position, he’ll likely end up dribbling into trouble or he’ll just get rid of the ball, altogether.

He gets plenty of touches and/or opportunities to get the ball, more than he would everywhere else, he just doesn’t want it like that. This is what I’ve been trying to tell you all season and why he isn’t going to deliver when the team needs him most.
But I thought the culture changes people

Daps
But I thought the culture changes people
The culture can’t change who a player/person is intrinsically, it can only give them a platform to realise their best self, which Wiggins has done. He’s more engaged on defense than he ever has been before and he’s doing his best (well, as much as he possibly can) at making the right play. Problem is, his best self isn’t good enough.

This team has gone above and beyond trying to get the best out of him - even to a point of pity. Someone like Steph has had his minutes and role changed up regularly throughout the season to get him going. There’s not a superstar in the game or in history that would’ve done the same, especially after essentially wasting the last two seasons of their prime.

This is why I keep stressing this organisation needs to make the most out of Steph while he’s still a high-impact player. You think any star (if they’re lucky - superstar) that this team has in the future is going to go out of their way like Steph has to accomodate someone like Wiggins?

Not in a million years.

Daps
I know folks in here have been relentlessly stating Steph needs to play more on ball, but what do you think would happen to Wiggins if that occurred?

He’d only be standing around on offense more than he already does, and then folks would be complaining that Steph is being too ball-dominant and not utilising him enough. I remember all too vividly after the loss to the 76ers earlier in the season when y’all were taking shots at Steph/Dray for not giving Wiggins and Poole touches in the 4th quarter.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I know folks in here have been relentlessly stating Steph needs to play more on ball, but what do you think would happen to Wiggins if that occurred?

He’d only be standing around on offense more than he already does, and then folks would be complaining that Steph is being too ball-dominant and not utilising him enough. I remember all too vividly after the loss to the 76ers earlier in the season when y’all were taking shots at Steph/Dray for not giving Wiggins and Poole touches in the 4th quarter.
Sounds like a coaching issue

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Go back and read through the exchange. I’m not going to keep holding your hand on this shyt.
You can be a real bytch ass nikka sometimes bro seriously

Defense was spotty but when Steph going nuclear it literally energizes the rest of the team.. To say it wouldn’t have mattered is bullshyt because the clips can’t maintain that level of play they did last night consistently in a game.. go back to the last game the clips played the warriors and what happened?

Daps
Sounds like a coaching issue
It’s a coaching issue that Wiggins isn’t aggressive after he’s been in the league nearly a decade, and his passiveness has been an issue that has existed before he even came into the league?

That sounds like a coaching issue to you and not a Wiggins’ issue?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It’s a coaching issue that Wiggins isn’t aggressive after he’s been in the league nearly a decade, and his passiveness has been an issue that has existed before he even came into the league?

That sounds like a coaching issue to you and not a Wiggins’ issue?
porque no los dos?