It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Daps
You can be a real bytch ass nikka sometimes bro seriously

Defense was spotty but when Steph going nuclear it literally energizes the rest of the team.. To say it wouldn’t have mattered is bullshyt because the clips can’t maintain that level of play they did last night consistently in a game.. go back to the last game the clips played the warriors and what happened?
If being a “bytch ass nxgga” means calling you on on your bullshyt, well, so be it.

Steph went nuclear in the first quarter, it did not matter, as when he left that period with three minutes remaining, the Warriors were in a deficit. The Warriors went into halftime only down 59-61 (you know in the half that you claimed they couldn’t come back from because Steph was benched). It was a one possession game. The game was right there for the taking.

Enter the third quarter: Steph goes 1-5, and plays almost the entire quarter, nobody else steps up on offense, and their defense continues to bleed and the Clippers end up taking a 94-78 lead.

Now, can you explain to me how Steph playing a couple more minutes in the first half would’ve changed anything? When exactly should he have played more minutes in the first half? Should he have played out the entirety of the 1st quarter, meaning he’d have a longer rest period to start the 2nd? Tell me exactly what his rotation should’ve been that would’ve led to them winning the game.

Steph v. Clippers last night - 33 points in 34 minutes
Steph v. Clippers the previous game - 33 points in 35 minutes.

His production in the minutes he played is basically identical in both games. The main difference was - no Draymond. The Warriors can’t replicate that without him. Kerr playing Steph a few more minutes in the first half, was not going to stop the constant onslaught GS were under because they simply couldn’t stop the Clippers from scoring. It didn’t matter if Steph played 40 minutes, it didn’t matter if he had played the perfect amount of minutes with the perfect rotation. The Warriors didn’t lose that game because of Steph’s minutes. They lost it because nobody else stepped up on offense (which has been a reoccurring theme with this team) and their defense was non-existent. Not because Kerr took Steph out whenever you think he shouldn’t in the first half.

Last edited:
Daps
porque no los dos?
It stopped being a coaching issue long ago, before he even landed in GS. He became a All-Star in this culture, after he was considered a bust/disappointment before going to GS, so I’m not entirely sure why you’re blaming the coaching. The coaching staff have done everything they can to give him this platform to change the narrative on his career. You’re a funny cat. At the start of the season you were getting on Wiggins for everything, and now when he’s playing like he did back then, you’re finding every excuse in the book to not hold him accountable. The only thing you really criticise him for is his free-throw shooting which is akin to a slap on the wrist, meanwhile you drag nearly everyone else over the coals (namely Steph and Kerr).

It’s almost if you’re subconsciously trolling without even knowing it. Or perhaps you’re that good of an actor.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It stopped being a coaching issue long ago, before he even landed in GS. He became a All-Star in this culture, after he was considered a bust/disappointment before going to GS, so I’m not entirely sure why you’re blaming the coaching. The coaching staff have done everything they can to give him this platform to change the narrative on his career. You’re a funny cat. At the start of the season you were getting on Wiggins for everything, and now when he’s playing like he did back then, you’re finding every excuse in the book to not hold him accountable. The only thing you really criticise him for is his free-throw shooting which is akin to a slap on the wrist, meanwhile you drag nearly everyone else over the coals (namely Steph and Kerr).

It’s almost if you’re subconsciously trolling without even knowing it. Or perhaps you’re that good of an actor.
u gotta calm down, my guy. im not even serious. no one has "agendas" on an internet forum. nothing we say holds real weight. i already aired out my grievances. I dont even blame kerr outside of reigning in Klay when he's just selfishly chucking. my issues come from the FO's complacency/laziness at the trade deadline

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
You can be a real bytch ass nikka sometimes bro seriously

Defense was spotty but when Steph going nuclear it literally energizes the rest of the team.. To say it wouldn’t have mattered is bullshyt because the clips can’t maintain that level of play they did last night consistently in a game.. go back to the last game the clips played the warriors and what happened?
I disagree with the sometimes. That dude is all busy work

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm, watching the Suns, clippers, grizzlies and mavs and Celtics competing hard even thought ASB. They don’t look tired. Don’t seem to be thinking ahead to ASB like golden state. Hmmmm… :jbhmm:

EDIT: and t-wolves

Last edited:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Hmmm, watching the Suns, clippers, grizzlies and mavs and Celtics competing hard even thought ASB. They don’t look tired. Don’t seem to be thinking ahead to ASB like golden state. Hmmmm… :jbhmm:

None of those teams have proven anything in the post season yet. Not sure why you are putting them on some type of pedestal. The best players on those teams are also much younger than the core players on the Warriors. Before you nitpick my post and claim CP3 is an older player.. The Suns have the better overall and deeper team. More importantly, they are healthy.

Furthermore, the Clippers are 2-4 in their last 6 games. The Timberwolves are 2-2 in their last 4 games. Before you start being passive aggressive about me being too positive of a fan, all im saying is wait until Draymond comes back before we give up on the season.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
None of those teams have proven anything in the post season yet. Not sure why you are putting them on some type of pedestal. The best players on those teams are also much younger than the core players on the Warriors. Before you nitpick my post and claim CP3 is an older player.. The Suns have the better overall and deeper team. More importantly, they are healthy.

Furthermore, the Clippers are 2-4 in their last 6 games. The Timberwolves are 2-2 in their last 4 games. Before you start being passive aggressive about me being too positive of a fan, all im saying is wait until Draymond comes back before we give up on the season.
im not putting them on a pedestal. theyre the ones that played yesterday. it's not about wins and losses. its about competing. You can lose, but u can still compete. warriors wont even stick to basic defensive principles. it has nothing to do with draymond. Kerr said it in the clippers postgame interview

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps

Not sure if it is still earned, but how many actual contenders push themselves in the regular season? Not saying the warriors are necessarily contenders, it's just that saving an extra gear for the playoffs is usually the best call.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if it is still earned, but how many actual contenders push themselves in the regular season? Not saying the warriors are necessarily contenders, it's just that saving an extra gear for the playoffs is usually the best call.
They’re not holding back, they’re just not playing well. It’s why the locker room was quiet after the b2b losses to the Jazz and Knicks, as well as a blowout loss tonight (2/3 of those games were blowouts). They’re not blowing assignments left and right intentionally, they’re doing it because they’re lost out there.

If it’s too much to ask for them to play defense at a foundational level, then that’s a bad look :francis:

Them playing decent defense shouldn’t be seen as “Pushing themselves”

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Looney is an undersized center with no help. He’s allowed to be exhausted.
Looney deserves a break. But looney doesn't guard the perimeter. What does looney being tired have to do with literally every perimeter player we have being garbage at defending it?
They’re not holding back, they’re just not playing well. It’s why the locker room was quiet after the b2b losses to the Jazz and Knicks, as well as a blowout loss tonight (2/3 of those games were blowouts). They’re not blowing assignments left and right intentionally, they’re doing it because they’re lost out there.

If it’s too much to ask for them to play defense at a foundational level, then that’s a bad look :francis:

Them playing decent defense shouldn’t be seen as “Pushing themselves”