It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I don't know the ends and outs of this team like some of yall do, but I think the FO may have realized they have a great mix of the old core players and new young guys that it's very possible to win now and later if they play it right.

If they see Moody, Kuminga, Poole, and possibly Wiseman as their nx great core of players, then slow playing Wiseman could make a lot of sense to them.

Not debating it, just thinking out loud.

Daps
You are correct that we keep talking in circles. At this point we need to wait and see what happens when he steps back onto the court. Maybe I’m blinded by stan goggles but I’m gonna remain glass half full until it becomes clear that Wiseman is a bust.
They've said he's going to have a minimal role, so what do you realistically expect from him?

I think even more to the point - trading for a big man who can actually provide high impact immediately, means less pressure and less reliance on Wiggins to step up when needed. His inconsistency will be less of an issue because they'll collectively be able to step up when someone doesn't. It'll also lighten the load on Draymond and make him a more effective player.

You'd be killing one hundred birds with one stone.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I'm with @Chabot College on this @Gil Scott-Heroin ..

If we're talking Turner, I just don't see it with him.

This is his 7th season, how much is he likely to improve? Wise has had 39 games and will absolutely be better than he was last year. Their head to head numbers aren't that far apart given the disparity between how long they've been playing (IMO).

I'm excited to see him back TBH:

Again, I'm all for a trade to make the team better but it's all dependent on who and what the cost is.

Turner for Wise/Moody/Kuminga/pick sounds steep...

:manny:

Daps

This is his 7th season, how much is he likely to improve? Wise has had 39 games and will absolutely be better than he was last year. Their head to head numbers aren't that far apart given the disparity between how long they've been playing (IMO)
If Wiseman is going to have a lesser role, how do you envision him being better than last season if you're measuring his game by surface stats? You think he's going to average better numbers with a smaller role?

:usure:

This is the problem here.

You can't look at box score stats, in a vacuum, especially since Wiseman was the only frontcourt scoring option, where his team was forcefeeding him possessions, eating off lob and broken play opportunities in a system that by design always has an open man with how much attention Steph receives. Have a look at how many times Looney isn't defended during a game. The Warriors were a worse team whenever he touched the ball, and when he was on the floor, so his numbers are meaningless. They sacrificed the system and wins to integrate him last season, which is why just because a player averages x-amount of points and x-amount of rebounds doesn't mean it benefits the team.

Turner is on a team where he rarely sees the ball, because Sabonis is the main frontcourt scoring option.

When he does get the ball, he's capable of doing this -

Wiseman is so far away from being that type of player, that by the time he reaches that level (if he ever does), how much time would've been wasted in the process? Turner led the league in blocks last season, and is shooting 40% from behind the arc on nearly 5 three-point attempts this season. When do you think Wiseman will be able to replicate those numbers?

And it's much more than box score stats. I wish y'all would see past them, and look at what's happening on the floor. Turner is one of the league's premier defenders, who can actually stretch the floor, and play in traditional and small lineups while remaining highly-effective, whereas Wiseman is a bad defender, who cant set screens, has bad hands, and struggles with even the basic of tasks of NBA play.

They're players who're worlds apart.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

This is his 7th season, how much is he likely to improve? Wise has had 39 games and will absolutely be better than he was last year. Their head to head numbers aren't that far apart given the disparity between how long they've been playing (IMO).

I'm excited to see him back TBH:

Again, I'm all for a trade to make the team better but it's all dependent on who and what the cost is.

Turner for Wise/Moody/Kuminga/pick sounds steep...

Turner Avg 12 and 10… Those number at the Center position for the warriors is huge

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
there aint no possible way you was a Warrior fan in 2009 bruh stop it. with the way you act now you woulda had a brain aneurysm by now. its all good if you jumped on the wave in 2016 bruh
theres literally no point in answering the question if you were just gonna say i was lying unless i confirmed what you believe. It's just how i am with a lot of things. that's my personality. i was "complaining" back then also :yeshrug:. if i was a bandwagon fan, i would have left in the 19-20 season or last season

anyway, it's a thread on an internet forum. It's not that deep

khross415

All Star
Daps
theres literally no point in answering the question if you were just gonna say i was lying unless i confirmed what you believe. It's just how i am with a lot of things. that's my personality. i was "complaining" back then also :yeshrug:. if i was a bandwagon fan, i would have left in the 19-20 season or last season

anyway, it's a thread on an internet forum. It's not that deep

i didnt ask you lol

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
GS should go all on imo...
they're the number 1 team in the league and don't even have Klay back yet.

We have yet to see Wise yet, Kuminga is a generational talent who will be able to contribute sooner rather than later, and Moody also seems like a guy who will be good sooner than people think.

why fix something if it ain't broke :manny:

imo they've been able to balance winning now and bringing in that next core perfectly. How much better than everybody do people need the Dubs to be before they admit the FO had it right with those young guys. The only one who hasn't met expectations has been Wiseman and he hasn't really had a fair shot thus far, especially under the circumstances. If he can come back and be at the very least Javale McGee then this team will be sitting even prettier.

I'd rather see them be able to compete and contend at a high level as constructed than mortgage a very bright future and possible bridge into the next era :yeshrug:

but that's just me :hubie: