It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Robbo

All Star
Daps
He’s at 14 mill with 2 yrs left on his contract…

dubs got the assets to get him.. Weisman and looney or moody contracts equal turners

But then you trade 2 or 3 guys for 1 guy for the same money, and then you need to decide if you want to extend him beyond the 2 years. So the bridge to the future is impacted while the salaries and tax penalties are sky high

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
Maybe there is something about Kumingas name that rubs you the wrong way lol. I’ve seen threads before the draft where you were laughing at the idea of him being good and then as recently as a couple of weeks ago you were saying he would never be more than a role player despite all the flashes of talent he showed in summer league and limited NBA minutes.

For the record I’m not quoting you to debate whether or not he’s a generation talent, I’m just letting people know that you aren’t some unbiased voice of reason when it comes to Kuminga.

Daps
But then you trade 2 or 3 guys for 1 guy for the same money, and then you need to decide if you want to extend him beyond the 2 years. So the bridge to the future is impacted while the salaries and tax penalties are sky high
I mean does it matter if they do or don't if in those two years they win two titles? Is this core going to be able to compete for titles in three years time?

:manny:

I don't quite understand why there's this emphasis on the future. The time is now. Worry about the future when Steph, Klay and Dray are no longer a thing.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
I mean does it matter if they do or don't if in those two years they win two titles? Is this core going to be able to compete for titles in three years time?

:manny:

I don't quite understand why there's this emphasis on the future. The time is now. Worry about the future when Steph, Klay and Dray are no longer a thing.

It doesn't matter in a sense. I'll be happy with titles.. but I ain't doing 15 years of no playoffs.. I'm getting old.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
It doesn't matter in a sense. I'll be happy with titles.. but I ain't doing 15 years of no playoffs.. I'm getting old.
I think this is the disconnect that some of us are having with Gil. If this team was coming off of a 50 year drought of not winning any chips then 99% of us would be in win now mode at all cost. But after recently going to the finals 5 straight times, I’m not as desperate to mortgage the future to increase the odds of winning.

The Lakers won the chip less than 2 years ago and their fanbase is already miserable because they know they have nothing to look forward to after Bron retires. They barely have anything to look forward to this season. I’m excited knowing we will still have home grown high ceiling players to watch like Poole, Kuminga, Moody and the infamous Wiseman once the main core becomes washed.

Last edited:
Daps
If you're more concerned about looking forward to 1st/2nd round exits in the future, than maximizing your chances of winning a title now, well, I guess there's nothing more that needs to be said.

:hubie:

Robbo

All Star
Daps
If you're more concerned about looking forward to 1st/2nd round exits in the future, than maximizing your chances of winning a title now, well, I guess there's nothing more that needs to be said.

:hubie:

It all depends.. if my chances go from 40% to 90% it's one thing.. but I don't think any of these potential moves drastically improve the championship probability.. especially because we don't know what Klay is yet.

idonttouchgrass

Superstar
Daps
I think this is the disconnect that some of us are having with Gil. If this team was coming off of a 50 year drought of not winning any chips then 99% of us would be in win now mode at all cost. But after recently going to the finals 5 straight times, I’m not as desperate to mortgage the future to increase the odds of winning.

The Lakers won the chip less than 2 years ago and their fanbase is already miserable because they know they have nothing to look forward to after Bron retires. They barely have anything to look forward to this season. I’m excited knowing we will still have home grown high ceiling players to watch like Poole, Kuminga, Moody and the infamous Wiseman once the main core becomes washed.

28294.jpg

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

You must not remember the days of Minute Bol on the team shooting hook shot 3s or when Billy Owens had next.. We been ass for a long fukkin time.. Nah ain’t no fukkin waiting at this point we gotta run the table

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
You must not remember the days of Minute Bol on the team shooting hook shot 3s or when Billy Owens had next.. We been ass for a long fukkin time.. Nah ain’t no fukkin waiting at this point we gotta run the table
I can name drop a bunch of players from the 90s or early 2000s but that’s a waste of energy. @Robbo already articulated the main point a lot better than I did. If the trade increases our chances of winning the chip from 35% to 65% then do it. But if that trade only increases our chances of winning by like 10% and we trade our future away then that’s not worth it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I can name drop a bunch of players from the 90s or early 2000s but that’s a waste of energy. @Robbo already articulated the main point a lot better than I did. If the trade increases our chances of winning the chip from 35% to 65% then do it. But if that trade only increases our chances of winning by like 10% and we trade our future away then that’s not worth it.

That’s the thing tho no Klay and we have the best record in the league.. when Klay finally get in the game we already got over a 60% chance of winning it all now factor in a trade and it goes to over 80%.. 5 straight finals winning 3, then a 2 year break and now a potential 3 year run hopefully winning all 3? Yeah do the trade now we would be a dynasty in 2 different decades