It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

dza

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area.
Dawg wiseman gotta come back and be a goddamn MENACE bc otherwise, the amount of faith they have in dude is unjustified. They must see the absolute WORLD in him.

Personally, if wiseman can just give us the production Tim Duncan gave the Spurs in the 2014-15 season, I’ll take it

I think they don’t want to admit they chose the wrong guy :yeshrug:

Daps
How many teams in NBA history have given up on their top pick this early into their career? Y’all are projecting your own impatience into the front office.
As I've already reiterated, before Wiseman was even on the team, and it was the very reason I said not to draft him - this team can't afford to be patient. Patience shouldn't be in their vocabulary. Teams that pick high in the lottery are lottery teams, by nature, where they can take their time because they're rebuilding. That's what you do when you rebuild. You take your time and develop the talent you have at your own pace. As if the obvious needs to be stated, this team has one of the greatest cores in NBA history who're nearing the end of their days, and have no time to hang around for however long it takes to develop players.

The time is now. I feel like a broken record; I am a broken record.

They've already said they're going to reduce his role because they know he's not qualified enough to take on even Looney's role. There's absolutely no indication he's going to be a transcendent big (which he won't be), and with how long it takes to develop bigs in this climate, and especially on a team like this that's perimeter-based and is actively trying to win, he's not going to have that platform to develop into whatever the hell the front office hopes he can be. There's also Kuminga (who's shown legitimate star quality and is well ahead of Wiseman in every possible way), and to a lesser degree Moody, so how is Wiseman supposed to develop with all that in front of him?

He won't. Not until it's too late.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
As I've already reiterated, before Wiseman was even on the team, and it was the very reason I said not to draft him - this team can't afford to be patient. Patience shouldn't be in their vocabulary. Teams that pick high in the lottery are lottery teams, by nature, where they can take their time because they're rebuilding. That's what you do when you rebuild. You take your time and develop the talent you have at your own pace. As if the obvious needs to be stated, this team has one of the greatest cores in NBA history who're nearing the end of their days, and have no time to hang around for however long it takes to develop players.

The time is now. I feel like a broken record; I am a broken record.

They've already said they're going to reduce his role because they know he's not qualified enough to take on even Looney's role. There's absolutely no indication he's going to be a transcendent big (which he won't be), and with how long it takes to develop bigs in this climate, and especially on a team like this that's perimeter-based and is actively trying to win, he's not going to have that platform to develop into whatever the hell the front office hopes he can be. There's also Kuminga (who's shown legitimate star quality and is well ahead of Wiseman in every possible way), and to a lesser degree Moody, so how is Wiseman supposed to develop with all that in front of him?

He won't. Not until it's too late.
You are correct that we keep talking in circles. At this point we need to wait and see what happens when he steps back onto the court. Maybe I’m blinded by stan goggles but I’m gonna remain glass half full until it becomes clear that Wiseman is a bust.