"It's a fine superhero movie... but it's not a great movie." - Ethan Hawke

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
A lot of dark knight shade being thrown here. What’s wrong with that being people’s favorite movie. Pretentiousness is a large reason why these various mediums are dying these days. Walking around puffing your chest about The Godfather is akin to people saying they only listen to Rakim.

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
A lot of dark knight shade being thrown here. What’s wrong with that being people’s favorite movie. Pretentiousness is a large reason why these various mediums are dying these days. Walking around puffing your chest about The Godfather is akin to people saying they only listen to Rakim.

speaking of pretentiousness have you SEEN the godfather?

and I say that as a huge fan.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Training Day
First Reformed
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Dead Poets Society
Before Sunset
Before Sunrise
Before Midnight
:sas2:
I would also like to forward Gattaca, Predestination and Fast Food Nation. Never saw Boyhood but I know it is acclaimed can anyone speak on what they thought of that compared to Logan?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Ribbs

Name the movie you like better than Logan that came out the same year
Coco
Get Out
Mudbound
American Made
Wind River
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
The Florida Project
I, Tonya
War for the Planet of the Apes
Lady Bird
Columbus
It
Baby Driver
Thor: Ragnarok
The Shape of Water
Dunkirk
:donducklips:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I would also like to forward Gattaca, Predestination and Fast Food Nation. Never saw Boyhood but I know it is acclaimed can anyone speak on what they thought of that compared to Logan?
I hated Boyhood so I can't help with that one. It is a critical darling though.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It's all opinion but none of those movies are better than Logan. Gattaca is a cool flick but not a movie I would watch over and over again.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's all opinion but none of those movies are better than Logan. Gattaca is a cool flick but not a movie I would watch over and over again.
See that's exactly what I did with Gattaca. I've seen that movie between 5-7 times due to cable. While kinda cold it also has many endearing factors. Ethan Hawkeye and Uma Thurman are great in it. And the message is great and more necessary than Logan's. And the future portrayed was pretty realistic to me. And I liked the whodunnit factor as well.
Predestination I definitely enjoyed more than Logan as well. Ill movie that had me on some :ohhh: shyt. I love those type of movies.
Fast Food Nation yeah probably not as entertaining as Logan but it had a really dope theme and the message resonated with me moreso than Logan's.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This "watch over and over again" criteria doesn't speak to the quality of a film at all.
I can watch Phantasm every day of the week because I love the move and it brings me enjoyment but that doesn't mean I think it is a masterpiece of filmmaking.
Hell, any time I am channel surfing and land on The Players Club I will stop and watch it to the end no matter what part it is on when I come across it. That doesn't mean Players Club is one fo the greatest films ever made.
Re-watchability is a personal preference but it doesn't speak to the quantifiable quality of a movie in any way at all.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Funny because nobody was actually in tights in Logan

fukk Ethan and his opinion. It was a great movie.

No one gives a fukk about a Bresson or Bergman

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Coco
Get Out
Mudbound
American Made
Wind River
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
The Florida Project
I, Tonya
War for the Planet of the Apes
Lady Bird
Columbus
It
Baby Driver
Thor: Ragnarok
The Shape of Water
Dunkirk
:donducklips:

SOHH every single move that you saw you liked better than Logan

I think that says more about you than anything

But I think y'all are trolling naming these movies that I have no interest in seeing

Training Day is awesome but not because of anything other than Denzel. Swap him out for an actor that's not as good and this movie is basically average

It?

"It" kind of sucked. I'm not paying to see part 2