"It's a fine superhero movie... but it's not a great movie." - Ethan Hawke

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Oh it’s the Atlantic..a reputable news outlet unlike the normal ringer stuff you’re bigging up. As a writer, I appreciate this :salute:
I was ready to go off on you if you had dismissed the atlantic :miyagi:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was ready to go off on you if you had dismissed the atlantic :miyagi:

Why would I dismiss good writing?:jawalrus: You know, actual thoughtful shyt that’s not just trying to jizz hot takes all over the internet with no actual value outside of the day its printed

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It was a dumb question.
You don't even have to be that deep in pop culture or movie sites. It would have been pretty difficult to not see at least one retrospective posted last month
Your statement was dumb because you used an absolute statement to make your argument, the Dark Knight retrospective was not posted everywhere and it was easy to miss. Get a life and stop worshiping films so much:mjlol:
It was a dumbass question, retard
Your rep shows that you're the retard:umad:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
your first sentence is correct but it is for that reason why superhero movies are not as good when you stack them up against movies outside the drama.

the only superhero movie (that I could think of off hand) that’s not really a superhero movie and isn’t bound by its limitations is watchmen.

You can't say its not as good. Infinity War was a great movie. Unless you are of the belief that more sophisticated automatically=better. If what you were saying is true,it would mean every pretentious movie that took itself too seriously,created by try hard "geniuses" would automatically be better than superheroes on gp.

But you can just see the artistic merit in writing,the sound,the different shots and of course the acting when you watch certain films. But those things being greater on one movie don't automatically make a movie good at all. So those things are also a flimsy way of determining quality.

Many of these movies are giving out Oscar service because they know they can do certain things to make Oscars see their movie as genius:mjlol:. Like throw a "brave" homosexual romance or somebody playing a retard in the film. Superhero movies shouldn't be discounted for giving fan service,but do belong in a different category as they have different goals and can't completely maintain artistic integrity.No different than a animated featured film that has to have a happy ending for the kids. Do the Oscars forget that these films are also SUPPOSED to be for kids mainly,so whats the difference?

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
You can't say its not as good. Infinity War was a great movie. Unless you are of the belief that more sophisticated automatically=better. If what you were saying is true,it would mean every pretentious movie that took itself too seriously,created by try hard "geniuses" would automatically be better than superheroes on gp

can you name one year where you thought one of the best 5 movies of that year was a superhero movie?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
SOHH every single move that you saw you liked better than Logan

I think that says more about you than anything

But I think y'all are trolling naming these movies that I have no interest in seeing

Training Day is awesome but not because of anything other than Denzel. Swap him out for an actor that's not as good and this movie is basically average

It?

"It" kind of sucked. I'm not paying to see part 2
I liked all of those movies better than I liked Logan. 2017 was a good year for movies. That doesn't mean I don't like Logan; I liked it alot but I also think some people have overinflated just how good it was because it took the Wolverine series of films out of the basement of mediocrity that the first 3 had been in.
Logan was a good movie. It wasn't great by any means other than Patrick Stewart acting his ass off.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
can you name one year where you thought one of the best 5 movies of that year was a superhero movie?

I don't watch nearly enough movies to say that and for it to mean anything. But I've watched enough good movies over the years to know a good/great movie.I often have comic book movies in my top 5 favorite most enjoyable movies of the year.