"It's a fine superhero movie... but it's not a great movie." - Ethan Hawke

Benefited

Banned
Daps
SOHH every single move that you saw you liked better than Logan

I think that says more about you than anything

But I think y'all are trolling naming these movies that I have no interest in seeing

Training Day is awesome but not because of anything other than Denzel. Swap him out for an actor that's not as good and this movie is basically average

It?

"It" kind of sucked. I'm not paying to see part 2

You could say Logan only was emotional because of the cheap father/daughter connection that gets people every time:mjcry:.
White boy was good in Training Day,very good,you telling me he didn't kill that bath tub scene:martin:? Sure I could assume you could plug anybody else in,but that would be petty and show how tight I was about his opinion:pachaha:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Yeah I've watched that movie a good half a dozen times, gets better with each viewing.

I'd watch it again.

That's cool man, I don't need to watch Whiplash again to know it's amazing.

Cinematography, performance, direction, atmosphere, tension, the entire third act there's more but I think you get the point.

This,the first Holloween movies do a better job of this than 99% of these comic book movies,and had more serious acting.
Its certain movies you don't like but you can still see the artistic expression and time that went into getting these things right,and the attention to detail.
Comic book movies have the unfair advantage that you don't have to make a character likeable or work their story to make them likeable. They will be liked and rooted for because people like them already from their favorite cartoon or comic. It took writing and a good story to make you like Bruce Willis in Die Hard,or to make you root for Rocky. Plus if the comic story and the cartoon story lines are beating out the quality of the movies 9 times out of 10,is that not a problem:francis:?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
You could say Logan only was emotional because of the cheap father/daughter connection that gets people every time:mjcry:.
White boy was good in Training Day,very good,you telling me he didn't kill that bath tub scene:martin:? Sure I could assume you could plug anybody else in,but that would be petty and show how tight I was about his opinion:pachaha:

Trolling

Benefited

Banned
Daps

How?you could argue that. I would say it played a big factor in the emotional aspect. I thought it was a good story though,not great.

Even in terms of superhero movies it has its failures. Like they had a good villian with the kid with the robot arm. But they failed to give us a payoff with him being killed in a classic fashion by the main hero or his daughter. He died in a pretty shytty,side note type of fashion.

Not sure why they don't just put it in either the "Best Animated Film" category,or stop being pretentious and have a category for action films since I don't beieve they do at all. If they can have a category for cartoons,you can't have the argument of "It can't be taken seriously because its men in tights" or because its too campy or unrealistic.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Superhero movies/action movies are bound by their own rules they have to abide by to make them great. So they should be judged differently than other films without being slighted.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
What cave do you live in?

Every fukking website on earth posted 10 year retrospectives in the past month
Every fukking website on Earth did? Calm down bytch, I asked a simple question and I already got a very respectable answer.

Daps
He sounded a little salty that something he thought was just good for its genre being praised like it's good period. Big deal.

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
Superhero movies/action movies are bound by their own rules they have to abide by to make them great. So they should be judged differently than other films without being slighted.

your first sentence is correct but it is for that reason why superhero movies are not as good when you stack them up against movies outside the drama.

the only superhero movie (that I could think of off hand) that’s not really a superhero movie and isn’t bound by its limitations is watchmen.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Every fukking website on Earth did? Calm down bytch, I asked a simple question and I already got a very respectable answer.
It was a dumb question.
You don't even have to be that deep in pop culture or movie sites. It would have been pretty difficult to not see at least one retrospective posted last month