It seems as though The Roots has a flawless discography

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
You have never listened to a Roots album in your life and you're trolling...peace.

I don't have anything against The Roots, they're just not all of that. Feel free to tell me why you don't think Clipse, ATCQ, UGK, are the bestest evarr, whatever, I won't feel the need to call you a troll. Sensitive ass lil boi :pachaha:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I could see y some of ya might not like them. Because some of their music is laid back and jazzy. If u like jazz influenced music or experience different genre's besides just rap. U may appreciate them more. Dont get me wrong back in 99 or so I couldnt get into them cause Dmx Jay Lox Nas Raekwon Pun etc was holdin it down then. They are constantly over looked cause they dont make the typical stuff thats "trendy" at the moment. I respect them because they have their own sound and respect every aspect of music. Let's say if they were to break up or somethin god for bid was to happen to them. nikkas would research their catalog and start praising them. Like wow they were so experimental and creative blah blah. Outkast is experimental also. They just knew how to please every fan base from underground, to casual listener, to mainstream. With their videos and sound. But the roots will get their props oneday.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
CLASSIC: Do You Want More, Illadelph Halflife, and Things Fall Apart

GOOD: Rising Down

AIGHT: The Tipping Point

BORING/WACK: How I Got Over, Game Theory, Phrenology, Organix, Wake Up, Undun

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Undun might be the most overrated album of all time. Critics went ape shyt over that record.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Undun might be the most overrated album of all time. Critics went ape shyt over that record.

critics generally go apeshyt over all their records. i dont care what any of you dudes say, they dont have a single classic. they dont even got a single song thats more classic than a track on 36 chambers OR illmatic aka real flawless CLASSIC albums

i remember my dude went with his brother to a show to see the roots & DAVE MATTHEWS BAND (@ their height mind you). that says it ALL

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
To me, their best albums are Illadelph Halflife, Game Theory and How I Got Over

Undun gets undue praise (the concept is trite and forced IMO), and Tipping Point gets undue hatred (I really like it and it feels like a BT solo)

Things Fall Apart and Phrenology never really resonated with me aside from a few cuts

H.S.

All Star
Daps
critics generally go apeshyt over all their records. i dont care what any of you dudes say, they dont have a single classic. they dont even got a single song thats more classic than a track on 36 chambers OR illmatic aka real flawless CLASSIC albums

They most definitely dropped some classic material between '94 to '98. You might not like the music personally, but songs like "Proceed", "Clones", "Concerto of a Desperado", "Next Movement" etc are certainly classic singles and still hold up today imo.