9. Wake Up
10. Undun
11. The Tipping Point

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
To a so-called flawless group? Come on man, try harder.

did em outshine the self-proclaimed GOAT on renegades :beli:

roots fan and all, nothing out there is flawless. you can nitpick and all that bullshyt. i think they have a consistent cataloge w/no huge shytstains like jay, nas, ye, common etc...

if you're a fan you'd probably agree, if you're one of the roots haters you won't.

nothing more/less.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
did em outshine the self-proclaimed GOAT on renegades :beli:

roots fan and all, nothing out there is flawless. you can nitpick and all that bullshyt. i think they have a consistent cataloge w/no huge shytstains like jay, nas, ye, common etc...

if you're a fan you'd probably agree, if you're one of the roots haters you won't.

nothing more/less.

Not hating, just trying to say there"s nothing special about them. They're like vanilla ice cream; nothing wrong with them, per se. But they don't really stand out. That's why OP needed an obviously false, inflammatory thread title just to get views for them.

Your Common's and Jay's and Nas' have "shytstains" in their discogs because they challenge themselves and take artistic risks. As a fan I respect that more than playing it safe for 20 years.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Their discography is damn near unparalleled when you factor in quantity, quality, longevity and consistency.

I never understood how they're so overlooked by regular hip-hop heads and often cast into the incense & headwrap "alternative" box. There's been times back in the days in high school and college when I would try to put people on to them who liked similar artists as I did like Nas, Mobb Deep, Wu, etc. and I would get :rudy: Black Thought is a ridiculously dope all time great spitter and they drop bangers for days. But :yeshrug:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Not hating, just trying to say there"s nothing special about them. They're like vanilla ice cream; nothing wrong with them, per se. But they don't really stand out. That's why OP needed an obviously false, inflammatory thread title just to get views for them.

Your Common's and Jay's and Nas' have "shytstains" in their discogs because they challenge themselves and take artistic risks. As a fan I respect that more than playing it safe for 20 years.

Lol...if you think the Roots "play it safe" you have never listened to a Roots album in your life. That statement couldn't be more wrong.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
far as that goes, jay and ye-they're the ones playin it safe.
throwin out bullshyt to sell rather than really havin much to say, minus nas and common when he wants.
ye and jay's shytstains are just that.

roots musically are in a league of their own, one album really doesn't sound like the next.
rising down sounds close to undun but only because the dark nature.
how i got over more like phrenology or maybe the tipping point.

?uestlove may be an a$$hole and run a tight ship, but you cannot not wanna tip your cap in appreciation.
thought stays consistent w/his spits and that may be his problem. not enough "75 bars" where he just spits that fire ?

years from now this is the kinda music that will be remembered and appreciated most, rather than a dude makin faces like this :scusthov: in the studio.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Lol...if you think the Roots "play it safe" you have never listened to a Roots album in your life. That statement couldn't be more wrong.

I seriously don't see how any of their music can elicit more than a "yeah, that's cool, I guess.." Listen to their music. You can see the next chord progression from a mile away, you can see exactly where Black Thought is going to take his rhyme, etc, etc...

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
throwin out bullshyt to sell rather than really havin much to say, minus nas and common when he wants.

roots musically are in a league of their own, one album really doesn't sound like the next.

?uestlove may be an a$$hole and run a tight ship, but you cannot tip your cap in appreciation.
thought stays consistent w/his spits and that may be his problem. not enough "75 bars" where he just spits that fire ?

years from now this is the kinda music that will be remembered and appreciated most, rather than a dude makin faces like this :scusthov: in the studio.

I don't know if I've ever read a statement more opposite of the truth here than the Roots play it safe. They're a fukking hip-hop BAND first of all. They do left field experimental shyt consistently and come different almost every time. They made a song rapping over bagpipes. They made a song scatting. They fuse rock, R&B, blues and soul influence into their music and use obscure samples and spoken word poetry from Ursula Rucker and Amiri Baraka's rambling ass over music. If anything they should play it safe more and they might have a larger audience.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree

?uestlove may be an a$$hole and run a tight ship, but you cannot not wanna tip your cap in appreciation.

:russ:

That face is exactly what's missing from their music.

By the way, it's always the super-poppy stuff and the avant-garde stuff that's remembered and appreciated most. The Roots are neither.