It seems as though The Roots has a flawless discography

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
they dont have one SINGLE song that can go up against any other top groups. not a single one. the classic groups got b sides better than the best roots shyt. so overrated thru the years. all there albums are good for like 5 good songs a piece

None of that negates the claim that all there albums are good. The thread doesnt say they are better than other groups or the only ones with a "flawless" catalog.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
they dont have one SINGLE song that can go up against any other top groups. not a single one. the classic groups got b sides better than the best roots shyt. so overrated thru the years. all there albums are good for like 5 good songs a piece

can't believe i read all that trollin :comeon:
gonna act like thought wouldn't rip right through 98% of your favs, of those currently spittin :heh:
go listen to mobb deep then fakkits and live vicariously through another mans life of "lavish" coke tales and "real nikka shyt" :umad:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
None of that negates the claim that all there albums are good. The thread doesnt say they are better than other groups or the only ones with a "flawless" catalog.

to have a flawless catalog would automatically make you a flawless artist aka better. the chronic, 36 chambers illmatic are flawless albums (and all artists are recognized as GREATS of their era)

3 mic snoozefests from the roots are not in any way flawless

i actually described the roots PERFECTLy in my very first post. decent albums, mediocre albums

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
game theory and another one of their albums was bleh besides that theyre consistently coming correct (4 or better) despite the fact ?uestloves a fakkit

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Do You Want More?! & Illadelph Halflife are the only truly essential Roots albums. I could do without the rest.

Critics overrate them.

I dunno. Must just be me but Do You Want More is severely overrated IMO. It's a cool album but that shyt is too bland compared to their other joints. Undun is my shyt. Krits verse on Make My is possibly one of the dopest verses ever from a southern MC, fukk it, MCs period

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I dunno. Must just be me but Do You Want More is severely overrated IMO. It's a cool album but that shyt is too bland compared to their other joints. Undun is my shyt. Krits verse on Make My is possibly one of the dopest verses ever from a southern MC, fukk it, MCs period

It's telling that the best verse on the album is a feature.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After Illadelph their albums has been directionless and disjointed to me. Just on some jam band type shiit. Good live, but rarely works on record.