It looks like a digital only future is on the horizon

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Imagine thinking that would continue being an option, and at that price point ,if there were no other :pachaha:
Until it reaches the same cost as buying a single game in a month it's still access to more for less. Games are disposable now. The value of ownership has and will continue to be eroded. Even if it was $40 a month (4x what it is now) if I'm getting access to hundreds of games in that month I can hop in and out as I see fit.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Until it reaches the same cost as buying a single game in a month it's still access to more for less. Games are disposable now. The value of ownership has and will continue to be eroded. Even if it was $40 a month (4x what it is now) if I'm getting access to hundreds of games in that month I can hop in and out as I see fit.

You argue you want more options in the pc thread and then argue you want less consumer options in this thread, thats why i don’t really engage with you too much :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You argue you want more options in the pc thread and then argue you want less consumer options in this thread, thats why i don’t really engage with you too much :mjlol:
I'm not arguing that games shouldn't be individually purchasable if one so chooses. My perspective is giving people access to everything on a subscription service gives them more options not less. If they're strategic about it it will also cost less money overall.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I’m OK with it. Got the disc PS5 and don’t even use the disc drive.

The benefits of digital >>>.

Not trying to get up and change the disc every time I wanna switch games like it’s 1993 and not 2023.

Yeah, it's not like we resell used games. This also doesn't give the industry more control over what they do.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, it's not like we resell used games. This also doesn't give the industry more control over what they do.
The 3DS eShop shut down recently. Imagine if it was a digital only console. You would never be able to gain access to any more 3DS games than you already had the day it closed.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
PC been on that wave for how long now? :mjlol:

It'll be fine, most games ain't shyt without patches anyway, physical is only really worth it for collecting and reselling.

Veteran
Daps
I’m already there. :ehh:

We stream everything else…

Music, movies, tv

It’s over due

:yeshrug:

I have a PS5 with a disc drive that I've never used. I literally don't own a physical game and have been completely digital for roughly seven years or so. Last physical I owned was Fallout 4 iirc.

I can't wait to say I told you so when y'all get nickel and dimed every which way you turn. The only benefit to digital people keep saying is not having to get off the couch. :mjlol:

I hope these companies rape your pockets and it'll be in due time.:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
PC been on that wave for how long now? :mjlol:

It'll be fine, most games ain't shyt without patches anyway, physical is only really worth it for collecting and reselling.
PC doesn't divide it's consumer products into hardware generations that have a shelf life though. on my PC today I can play a Steam title I bought 2 decades ago with no real issue.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I can't wait to say I told you so when y'all get nickel and dimed every which way you turn. The only benefit to digital people keep saying is not having to get off the couch. :mjlol:

Physical copy isn’t even the finished product these days what are you talking about?

:dahell:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I was about to respond but then I remembered the ezekiel with “rage” at the end of his name is the cool one…you the weird one

Veteran
Daps
I was about to respond but then I remembered the ezekiel with “rage” at the end of his name is the cool one…you the weird one

What you are supporting is late stage Capitalism, e.a. everything being subscriptions. But you are literally to dense and dumb to see that. :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What you are supporting is late stage Capitalism, e.a. everything being subscriptions. But you are literally to dense and dumb to see that. :mjlol:

nikka shut the hell up…you begging for an argument…I’m sorry I don’t purchase video games in the way you deem suitable for me…maybe you can sing a prayer for me :mjlol:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
PC doesn't divide it's consumer products into hardware generations that have a shelf life though. on my PC today I can play a Steam title I bought 2 decades ago with no real issue.
So? If you dust off that PS3, your digital games will still be there breh.

That only makes physical even more of a weird option. If the console itself got an expiration date, why bother keeping a bunch of cases that can only add up to more hardware failure potential?

Veteran
Daps
nikka shut the hell up…you begging for an argument…I’m sorry I don’t purchase video games in the way you deem suitable for me :mjlol:

Subscriptions for heated seats
Subscriptions for Disney Plus, AMC Plus, Paramount Plus
Subscription for Xbox Game Pass

You don't get it do you?
obama-why.gif