It looks like a digital only future is on the horizon

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
My only issue is physical games always have sales sooner and lower prices with those sales.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
that's interesting because currently there's no way to buy digital PlayStation games except by going to the PlayStation store
what would best buy and amazon do :jbhmm:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is called Gamefly
Gamefly has queues, shipping times, and isn't as practical to hop in and out of the same way a subscription service is. It also has a limit to how many games at a time you can have checked out. Lastly it's dependent on access to physical games which we're seeing the first signs of being phased out. As of now it has certain advantages too like access to games not on a subscription service

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
There's no competition on these console storefronts. Y'all are ok with that? :dahell:
That's what I'm worried about.
On PC we have competing marketplaces like steam and epic games
But on console we're completely at the whims of Sony Microsoft and Nintendo for pricing. Digital games on consoles tend to be more expensive than physical.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There's no competition on these console storefronts. Y'all are ok with that? :dahell:

But on console we're completely at the whims of Sony Microsoft and Nintendo for pricing. Digital games on consoles tend to be more expensive than physical.
That’s just sony that locks their stuff to only their store. They’ve even been sued about it, but i don’t anything came of it,

Xbox codes can be sold in any digital store.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Gamefly has queues, shipping times, and isn't as practical to hop in and out of the same way a subscription service is. It also has a limit to how many games at a time you can have checked out. Lastly it's dependent on access to physical games which we're seeing the first signs of being phased out. As of now it has certain advantages too like access to games not on a subscription service
They have changed it up a bit. You can tell them send the next game, two weeks before you have to send back the old ones. Constant 10-15% of used games. And the used games are cheap as shyt. Forsaken is $17.99 plus (10% off) right now while digitally it’s $69.99 on PS store

That’s $52 dollars in savings cause I didn’t buy digital. That’s half the price of the difference in systems right there.

As for your main point, I agree. If we can get Netflix of gaming, and I can play all 1000 games for $29 a month or something, I’d gladly do it. Gladly.

But that would require every single studio falling in line. Or you’ll get the same shyt as Netflix right now…. Competition with Disney, Hulu, YouTube, nbc, etc. except it’ll be gaming companies. And then you’ll have the same problems Netflix has “I’m not paying for 8 streaming services”

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
ultimately the game's publisher creates the price. these e-shop's just collect a percentage