It goes 1. Superman, 2.Spiderman and 3. Batman

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
batman and superman are so popular their names don't even have to be in the movie. dark knight. man of steel.

in fact the word "superman" was never even uttered in the man of steel trailer. they didn't have to.

do you think marvel would feel comfortable putting out an iron man movie WITHOUT the words iron man in the title? or WITHOUT mentioning the name iron man in the trailer?

Could they / would they take that chance?

Is this even an actual metric of popularity? I noticed they switched it up for the sequel or whatever this next movie is. lol

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
White males solving the world's problems in their usual swagless ways is over. It's a new day. :blessed:
You better come on in.

let's not forget this moment tho :banderas:

superman-citizenship-1303916053.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can see this..although as of now, currently, I'd go with batman ahead of superman but it's like I said in another thread, I'm not mad at anyone who has it this way. I think overall superman is more widely known but I wouldn't say that brand awareness always equals popularity

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is this even an actual metric of popularity? I noticed they switched it up for the sequel or whatever this next movie is. lol
It means the studio is confident that these characters are popular enough to where they are instantly recognizable to just about everyone, and that gives them more creative freedom to market the movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It means the studio is confident that these characters are popular enough to where they are instantly recognizable to just about everyone, and that gives them more creative freedom to market the movie.

I think you might be confusing being easily recognized with popularity. Everyone knows who Donald Trump is but can you call him popular? I don't think so.
Still he is solidly at number 3 behind only Batman and Spiderman, just his recent lack of mainstream visibility over the last 25 - 30 years has hurt him. He used to be the undisputed number 1.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
nikkas saying Iron Man is top 5? :mjlol:

How y'all nikkas forget Wonder Woman though? She's the most easily identifiable female superhero. She's most def top 5 with Wolverine included on there as well.

Who knows anything about Wonder Woman besides comic book readers and old people? No one.
It is most popular not recognizable.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who knows anything about Wonder Woman besides comic book readers and old people? No one.
It is most popular not recognizable.

A whole generation who grew up on justice league cartoons. Don't underestimate that shyt. There's still a whole generation of people who were shocked to find out there was a white green lantern

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Being recognizable is a part of popularity though. If no one can recognize you how can you say you're popular?

It's a part of it but it's not synonymous. You can be infamous as well or just have people know who you are but not feel one way about you. Popularity means people like you. I'm not disagreeing with you on Wonder Woman just agreeing with him with the idea that awareness doesn't equal popularity

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Being recognizable is a part of popularity though. If no one can recognize you how can you say you're popular?
I can recognize the Klan too
dont mean Im tryna cop hoods and shyt :what:

some Clayton Bigsby shyt :mjlol: