IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I have no background experience in IT, I'm just a regular Liberal Arts major that wants to make a career change. I am interested in the security side of it. Currently looking for some entry level spots in help desk or support.

Don't even waste your time with the security+ then. Get your A+, get in help desk and figure out where you wanna go. You're not gonna jump into security b. You'll get a cert that you'll probably just let expire and have to retake again.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
:childplease: you gotta get on my level first lil nikka.

h90F2E6F7

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Seems like a few pages back you were going on about some Desktop :zzz: you upgraded...to 32GB of RAM? :laff:

Your GNS lab probably has like six or nine routers in it before that CPU starts going off :russ:

Part of my home lab (Cisco Equipment):
8651549160_616073d7bb.jpg

(2) 48TB SAN Arrays
(2) Dual 6282 16-Core Proc Servers, 64GB RAM per Proc
8650485465_20ee927e35.jpg

I'm just having fun out here. Not even serious about this, using it as a means to get elsewhere, but even still, "I been with made people, connected people. Who you been with? Jive talkin', chain snatchin', maricon motherfukkers."

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Seems like a few pages back you were going on about some Desktop :zzz: you upgraded...to 32GB of RAM? :laff:

Your GNS lab probably has like six or nine routers in it before that CPU starts going off :russ:

Part of my home lab (Cisco Equipment):
8651549160_616073d7bb.jpg

(2) 48TB SAN Arrays
(2) Dual 6282 16-Core Proc Servers, 64GB RAM per Proc
8650485465_20ee927e35.jpg

I'm just having fun out here. Not even serious about this, using it as a means to get elsewhere, but even still, "I been with made people, connected people. Who you been with? Jive talkin', chain snatchin', maricon motherfukkers."

Straight up overkill and serious waste of money.

I have a whole lot of Cisco professional certs with plenty of experience and I didn't need half of this stuff for my lab.

GNS3 worked fine and I trunked all advanced switch configurations to two 3560's since GNS3 does not do advanced switching. Get a PC with a killer processor and crazy RAM and you should be straight.

Everytime you have to lab up a crazy scenario, you have to get up and move cables? :what: Fukk that. I can build complex networks without getting up from my PC.

I will be doing my CCIE voice in a few months and my lab will be almost 70% GNS3 and 30% real live equipment. :ahh:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Straight up overkill and serious waste of money.

I have a whole lot of Cisco professional certs with plenty of experience and I didn't need half of this stuff for my lab.

GNS3 worked fine and I trunked all advanced switch configurations to two 3560's since GNS3 does not do advanced switching. Get a PC with a killer processor and crazy RAM and you should be straight.

Everytime you have to lab up a crazy scenario, you have to get up and move cables? :what: Fukk that. I can build complex networks without getting up from my PC.

I will be doing my CCIE voice in a few months and my lab will be almost 70% GNS3 and 30% real live equipment. :ahh:
:laff:
Goddamn :umad:

lebron-james-dancing-o.gif

Chris.B

Banned
Daps

What's the point of getting certified?
To know the material and configuration and how it applies to real world scenarios. I have 2 CCIE's on my team none of them had a full lab .

GNS3 was the way :ufdup:

I will be following their lead...while you waste money :obama3:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
What's the point of getting certified?
To know the material and configuration and how it applies to real world scenarios. I have 2 CCIE's on my team none of them had a full lab .

GNS3 was the way :ufdup:

I will be following their lead...while you waste money :obama3:

When I need you replace a power supply, I'll have one of my guys create a ticket and issue it to you. :mjpls:

Meanwhile, my core team will be engineering the future. :cape:

Have fun mate. :smugdraper: