IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

semtex

:)
Daps
I wish this Dhalsim lookin mofo would stop making us implement recursive algorithms.

2iiaem1_medium_medium_medium.gif

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Man, I would suggest if you can go on a trip to a tech conference, do it. Just came back from the Bahamas for one, and it was great. Got to network with people from Finland to Australia, to Brazil, and more man. It was great hanging out with them and sharing ideas and learning. Only disappoinment was when after being with all these folks, most (like 99.999%) of whom are not black, I was asked if I worked at the resort by this black couple pushing their stroller. :comeon: Was def. not happy with that.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I would suggest if you can go on a trip to a tech conference, do it. Just came back from the Bahamas for one, and it was great. Got to network with people from Finland to Australia, to Brazil, and more man. It was great hanging out with them and sharing ideas and learning. Only disappoinment was when after being with all these folks, most (like 99.999%) of whom are not black, I was asked if I worked at the resort by this black couple pushing their stroller. :comeon: Was def. not happy with that.

Can you use that trip as a tax write off? :mjpls:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

One thing that will fast-track you since you have experience in the medical field is look into getting a Healthcare Informatics degree. People with these degrees (and appropriate skillset) is gonna eat good in Healthcare I.T. departments.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
been working on my HTML game recently.... grabbed a torrent of Mike Myers's 8th edition A + book... it's go time.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm about to start study for the Security+ exam. Study for a good month then I'm going in

Are you in security or at least trying to get into? How far along are you in your career? Make sure you want to be in security before you take the exam. It really makes no sense to start going for these certs just to have em on your resume. It's just a waste of time and money.

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Are you in security or at least trying to get into? How far along are you in your career? Make sure you want to be in security before you take the exam. It really makes no sense to start going for these certs just to have em on your resume. It's just a waste of time and money.
I have no background experience in IT, I'm just a regular Liberal Arts major that wants to make a career change. I am interested in the security side of it. Currently looking for some entry level spots in help desk or support.