IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My job said our contract will run outta money mid-july instead of in october.

Been here since nov. doing applications support/analyst shyt.

Already applying to jobs cuz Im not getting ass’d out. :hubie:

Tryna take my sec+ in march

Yeah when you sense thw writing on the wall best to get the hell on ans be safe than sorry.

Lol this america, you aint going to get a hero cookie for staying in a sinking ship. And for full time roles, unless you were somewhere for a long tenure then even if they offer a severence it may not be worth the headache of looking for a job while not having one.

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah when you sense thw writing on the wall best to get the hell on ans be safe than sorry.

Lol this america, you aint going to get a hero cookie for staying in a sinking ship. And for full time roles, unless you were somewhere for a long tenure then even if they offer a severence it may not be worth the headache of looking for a job while not having one.

My project manager is a cool jamacian woman under 30 so I keep it real with her and tell her Im already applying to jobs. There’s a chance the contract get picked up in sept. But, Im not trying to wait and get fukked over. This shyt just came up and my contractor’s account manager just found out :russ:

Phone screen at 1pm for a help desk position today:manny:

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
Screen-Shot-2017-04-14-at-3.05.37-PM.png

:mjlit: CIPP/US is now my next certs goal...that's probably going to be my last certs.
Anyone passed this can list resources used? Thanks

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I do IT type work...had an end user who’s responsible for low level sys admin really ask me “when you say switches...what do you exactly mean?” :gucci:

I can't tell you the numbers of times I worked with people who expected to be more knowledgable than they truly were. This pic sums up my feelings on these situations.

whats_known-df1f0054cea2bef7332e0f9d6fbedd4b.png

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick question and apologies if it has been asked.

Trying to go A+ - Network+ - Security+ but the local college that offers A+ keeps cancelling classes due to low enrollment.
Can I skip right to Network+?
No I have never been a tech which is why I am considering going A+ first
The only prerequisite for Network+ is to be computer literate but I also dont want to deny myself useful information and dont want to keep spinning my wheels either.
Any advise is appreciated.