IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Depends on the type of consulting. It boils down to one of these three:
  1. Experience, unrelated degree
  2. Related degree, no experience
  3. Related degree, experience
Look at the careers website of Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte, and PWC. To see the types of jobs/services they offer.

My ex worked for a big 4 and she traveled Monday to Friday. That shyt sucks. I deal with clients but I don't travel which gives me time at work to study new shyt. I'd be burned out.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
@Czr @No Homo

How's consulting? I was looking at getting into it.

It depends on the company and what you do. As of now I dont mind it because i dont have to travel to any customer sites. I was told there was 50% travel but i havent traveled yet and probably rarely will. All the work is done remotely.

I would say try it out if you want to. From people i know who have done consulting and travel alot some like it because they get to see different places.

MSPs and Consulting companies are cheat codes for your career.

I'm exposed to a lot of different technology. It's great, because I learn a lot. On the other hand, lt means a lot of late nights learning how to do shyt.

Some days I don't do shyt. Other days I put in 16 hours. As long as I get my work done on time. Maintain a good rapport with the client. I'm good money.

Most important part of consulting is to network and show initiative. Can't wait for shyt to happen. Gotta go get it.... Then again, that applies to life, in general :jbhmm:

100% co sign all of this word for word.

My first 2 months all they had me doing was lab work and studying to get certified.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
It depends on the company and what you do. As of now I dont mind it because i dont have to travel to any customer sites. I was told there was 50% travel but i havent traveled yet and probably rarely will. All the work is done remotely.

I would say try it out if you want to. From people i know who have done consulting and travel alot some like it because they get to see different places.

My first 2 months all they had me doing was lab work and studying to get certified.

Damn, time for me to step it up and get it done.

No more excuses in 2019 and beyond.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

You do security breh? :shaq:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
what do you guys use Docker for in your work environments?

Been learning lately it and this shyt is amazing to me

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the Azure course on udemy :mjlit:

Been working with it for the past 6 months so it was a breeze going through it. Looking to get my Cloud (Azure, AWS), docker / kubernet and scripting skills up this year to see my salary rise further :mjlit:

The 6 CERTS lifestyle a game changer, been putting all my boys on game cos I like to see my bros win with me :mjgrin:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Just finished the Azure course on udemy :mjlit:

Been working with it for the past 6 months so it was a breeze going through it. Looking to get my Cloud (Azure, AWS), docker / kubernet and scripting skills up this year to see my salary rise further :mjlit:

The 6 CERTS lifestyle a game changer, been putting all my boys on game cos I like to see my bros win with me :mjgrin:

It really is. My uncle went from selling mattresses to a 120k a year position that has him working remotely.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Have a skype interview with an MSP

First skype interview they will be going over my resume and technical questions

I have been looking online for Desktop Support technical questions but if anyone that has or had this position and remembers some of their interview questions, HELP :feedme:

If I get hired they will help with training and getting more certs:whew::ohlawd: