IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
What SQL course are you taking?

Pretty good so far just to get my feet wet. For my role, I don't have to be a guru with SQL, just have a decent grasp of it. I'm planning to do some additional work over this weekend to get better.

I really think I've undersold myself this past 6 months or so as it concerns skills growth and career growth.

Yall should do CodeAcademy because if you're really trying to learn SQL that's some shyt you're gonna HAVE to be hands on/interactive with.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
You can definitely tell them budgets done opened back up

200.gif

My nikka did they

I got an email last week for a contract position for $110 an hr :banderas:

Havent heard back but that lets me know that shyt is coming my way soon and im almost there :blessed:

Silkk

Daps
My nikka did they

I got an email last week for a contract position for $110 an hr :banderas:

Havent heard back but that lets me know that shyt is coming my way soon and im almost there :blessed:
Doing what? :wtf: Some kind of cloud/database administration?

Highest I been offered so far was like 70

Silkk

Daps
You should negotiate for more. My last contract was 90/hr. I ain't ask for more cause I ain't deserve that much to begin with :lolbron: Didn't realize until a few months in they were probably making 300+/hr off me :hhh:

Now that i'm a consultant. I'm suppose to bill this client 70k+/month to hit budget :dwillhuh:
I'm going through some similar shyt right now.........Some of these recruiting companies be tighter than the scrooge.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
You should negotiate for more. My last contract was 90/hr. I ain't ask for more cause I ain't deserve that much to begin with :lolbron: Didn't realize until a few months in they were probably making 300+/hr off me :hhh:

Now that i'm a consultant. I'm suppose to bill this client 70k+/month to hit budget :dwillhuh:

70k a month :dahell:

Im a consultant now and our PM does the budgeting. He told me he cant wait till i finish my next cert on the product we consult on so we can bill a higher rate :lolbron:

I seen accenture bills when they consulted at my job i had few yrs ago and they were raping them.

Silkk

Daps
These companies be tight to get there money esp them Indians
I been trying to get some exact details on shyt like this. How much were they billing vs how much they were paying?

What were the job titles?

• Dap
Reactions: Czr

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Brehs what type of money did you make on your second IT job?

So far I did an internship and i'm almost done with this contract so by next month i'll hit a year of experience:lawd:

The contract was at a non profit so I was doing helpdesk and active directory/office 365 admin stuff

The contract was 20 an hour since I was suppose to just be there for part time 3 months and they extended me with full time same pay till Feb

I just told a recruiter 25-30 is my asking price:lupe:

I live in NYC and have my A+ and Net+ so that should be good right?:lupe:

It's crazy because 2 years ago I was looking at this thread wanting to get into IT. I'm so grateful now:to:

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
GCIH tomorrow.

Didn't study. Still bout to pass this ho. Open book exam for the win :troll: