IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I have to learn to go with my first mind on these practice tests. I’ll overthink it and the answer I originally was going to pick will be the correct one.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Goodness there is soooooo much free knowledge on the internet its ridiculous. I really slept this last year on the skills I could have gotten.

You can learn online for free and during your free time at work, ask to work on a side project to actually put your skills to the test. There's no such thing as wasted knowledge even if you want to own your own shop.

I'm plugging away on this SQL course online. 2019 finna be my year.

:wow:

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn near everything:

Web development
DevOps
Machine Learning

My job is paying for me to take this Python for Cisco Engineers class. Rest/Netconf APIs, Yang, Jinja all integrated using Python as the glue language.

Wow Ok, but not as useful for data analysis or business intelligence? I’m just trying to see something.

slikkp

Pro
Daps
Wow Ok, but not as useful for data analysis or business intelligence? I’m just trying to see something.

Python is definitely useful for data analysis. Look up anaconda and pynum. There are classes on Edx/course a specifically for Python data analysis applications.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Python is definitely useful for data analysis. Look up anaconda and pynum. There are classes on Edx/course a specifically for Python data analysis applications.
Ok thank you!! I really appreciate it.

This school is trying to make me take introduction to python, but Im not taking that shyt. Lol I know R and have no use for python. Plus I can learn it for free online.

King45

Banned
Daps
Goodness there is soooooo much free knowledge on the internet its ridiculous. I really slept this last year on the skills I could have gotten.

You can learn online for free and during your free time at work, ask to work on a side project to actually put your skills to the test. Better yet, there's no such thing as wasted knowledge, even if you want to own your own shop.

I'm plugging away on this SQL course online. 2019 finna be my year.

:wow:
What SQL course are you taking?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ok thank you!! I really appreciate it.

This school is trying to make me take introduction to python, but Im not taking that shyt. Lol I know R and have no use for python. Plus I can learn it for free online.

I think for business/data analysis you won't need as much Python truth be told. I actually had an interview with a lady who does business analysis. She said she mainly uses Excel and Tableau, SQL a bit and not that much Python. I think Python is more so for hardcore programming.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
What SQL course are you taking?

Pretty good so far just to get my feet wet. For my role, I don't have to be a guru with SQL, just have a decent grasp of it. I'm planning to do some additional work over this weekend to get better.

I really think I've undersold myself this past 6 months or so as it concerns skills growth and career growth.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think for business/data analysis you won't need as much Python truth be told. I actually had an interview with a lady who does business analysis. She said she mainly uses Excel and Tableau, SQL a bit and not that much Python. I think Python is more so for hardcore programming.
That’s what I explained to her. It’s just not necessary for the path I’m going.