IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
thanks guys im a little less depressed now. i have ZERO experience in IT besides the basics. every "entry" level desk support or call center wants 1-2 years experience(lol?) should i just keep applying until one calls me? also what should be the first cert i get A+? or should i just skip to the sec+
Shot for Sec+ and you really just are going to have to get experience and skill.
So try to get in anywhere you can and reach out and try to work with different teams.

Rymas

Superstar
Daps
LOL, its okay breh, you need to work on your insecurity.
No way you should still be crying this much. lol

I am posting comfortably about my experience and assisting others. You seem incapable of talking about yourself and your existence which tells me you are the one that’s insecure. But it’s ok, it’s the internet, and I have ways of taking care of you

Rymas

Superstar
Daps
thanks guys im a little less depressed now. i have ZERO experience in IT besides the basics. every "entry" level desk support or call center wants 1-2 years experience(lol?) should i just keep applying until one calls me? also what should be the first cert i get A+? or should i just skip to the sec+

Sec+ covers most of everything. It’s the only CompTIA certification I would recommend outside of maybe a Networ+

But the real value of getting the Sec+ is that it’s a DoD baseline certification ( DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications)

Rymas

Superstar
Daps

Sec+ covers most of everything. It’s the only CompTIA certification I would recommend outside of maybe a Networ+

But the real value of getting the Sec+ is that it’s a DoD baseline certification ( DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I am posting comfortably about my experience and assisting others. You seem incapable of talking about yourself and your existence which tells me you are the one that’s insecure. But it’s ok, it’s the internet, and I have ways of taking care of you
Funny I've talked about my career on this board.
If someone asks for help, you give them help, not talk about yourself. Just how I've been raised.
That said again, your feelings are hurt, thats why you've been doing nothing much but striking and missing out on trying to talk about me.
Its pretty funny, but hey, enjoy yourself.

Have a good one.

Rymas

Superstar
Daps
Funny I've talked about my career on this board.
If someone asks for help, you give them help, not talk about yourself. Just how I've been raised.
That said again, your feelings are hurt, thats why you've been doing nothing much but striking and missing out on trying to talk about me.
Its pretty funny, but hey, enjoy yourself.

Have a good one.

Here, let me correct everything wrong with your post:

“Funny, I’ve talked about my career on this board. If someone asks for help, give it to them, don’t talk about yourself. It’s just how I’ve been raised.

That said again, I believe your feelings are hurt. That’s why I think you’ve been doing nothing much but striking against me and missing out on trying to talk about me.

I think it’s funny, but hey, you do you”

So yeah I cleaned up your post for you, but I also wanted to mention that you quoted my post that I posted about myself in a thread that had nothing to do with you, aka you reached out to me LOL.

I don’t think you’re fully mentally developed yet.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm working from home the rest of this week. I'm only a week into the job. I had the chance to delay my start date until January and should've taken it.

Doing remote tickets is terrible when I don't understand/remember what systems I have access to.

And I'm reluctant to grab tickets when I don't entirely understand how things are done at this place.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

“Funny, I’ve talked about my career on this board. If someone asks for help, give it to them, don’t talk about yourself. It’s just how I’ve been raised.

That said again, I believe your feelings are hurt. That’s why I think you’ve been doing nothing much but striking against me and missing out on trying to talk about me.

So yeah I cleaned up your post for you, but I also wanted to mention that you quoted my post that I posted about myself in a thread that had nothing to do with you, aka you reached out to me LOL.

You made a post about having certs and hoping you get a clearance for job security.
I told you congrats on your certs and I simply stated if you are close to a fed installation apply for a help desk position to get a clearance quickly.

This seemed to have got you in your feelings and to that I said have a good one.

Again, I don't see the issue you have but again, have a good one man. Best of luck to you.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm working from home the rest of this week. I'm only a week into the job. I had the chance to delay my start date until January and should've taken it.

Doing remote tickets is terrible when I don't understand/remember what systems I have access to.

And I'm reluctant to grab tickets when I don't entirely understand how things are done at this place.
Man that sucks, they aren't going to get on you for a low ticket rate while you learn are they?

Rymas

Superstar
Daps
You made a post about having certs and hoping you get a clearance for job security.
I told you congrats on your certs and I simply stated if you are close to a fed installation apply for a help desk position to get a clearance quickly.

This seemed to have got you in your feelings and to that I said have a good one.

Again, I don't see the issue you have but again, have a good one man. Best of luck to you.

Congratulations is one thing, telling someone what kind of job to get is not a congratulatory post. You stepped out of line the minute you tried to tell someone what to do.

You have a problem.

Rymas

Superstar
Daps

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
Shot for Sec+ and you really just are going to have to get experience and skill.
So try to get in anywhere you can and reach out and try to work with different teams.
ok thanks.

alright. ill probably just get the A+ first just to be safe. i want to start from the ground up. should i just keep applying to basic call center, and help desk jobs? until i land one? then stay there for a while, while obtaining certs? also with my felony could i even get anything with the DOD?