IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
Did u see many subnetting questions on the Network+? I heard if u get them on your exam, it will only be a couple questions pertaining to them. I went through the subnetting section on Mike Meyers course and after 5 min :camby:

1 interactive question and 1 regular multiple choice questions right at the start of the exam

I got lucky

:wow:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Is there a good amount of training in these positions or do they count on you mostly knowing everything yourself?
Most companies won't just throw you into the fire without knowing how their company works, their applications, procedures, etc.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
I still don't know subnetting, fukk that shyt :pacspit:
From some of you older post it seemed like you were pretty deep into whatever area of IT youre in . How are you still struggling?

Some make it seem like you cant do shyt in networking if you dont know subnetting; like its almost if not more improtant than the actual routing and switching. Idunoo

Plus everytime I think I got this subnetting shyt down, there will be a nother aspect that just completely throws me off and im back at square one all flustered and shyt. I been obcessively studying and researching this shyt. Most of these youtube videos claim to make it easy but theyre all 15-30 minutes long. Like how?

and I thought IPV6 madethe use for subnetting null and void since you can have near infinite IP addresses? That shyt seems like its even more of a beast. but idunno

Silkk

Daps
From some of you older post it seemed like you were pretty deep into whatever area of IT youre in . How are you still struggling?

Some make it seem like you cant do shyt in networking if you dont know subnetting; like its almost if not more improtant than the actual routing and switching. Idunoo

Plus everytime I think I got this subnetting shyt down, there will be a nother aspect that just completely throws me off and im back at square one all flustered and shyt. I been obcessively studying and researching this shyt. Most of these youtube videos claim to make it easy but theyre all 15-30 minutes long. Like how?

and I thought IPV6 madethe use for subnetting null and void since you can have near infinite IP addresses? That shyt seems like its even more of a beast. but idunno
I'm not struggling, I just don't fukk with it. Same way like I don't fukk with anything past basic math :manny:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I'm not struggling, I just don't fukk with it. Same way like I don't fukk with anything past basic math :manny:

Damn brehs, these are roadblocks you can overcome though.

I can't say shyt yet because I am skipping Net+ and just going for the Sec+. Been studying like 6-8hrs a day so I am confident I can get through it.

I am kind of shocked at how much this seems to cover though, seems at least twice the size of the contents of the A+.

Silkk

Daps
Damn brehs, these are roadblocks you can overcome though.

I can't say shyt yet because I am skipping Net+ and just going for the Sec+. Been studying like 6-8hrs a day so I am confident I can get through it.

I am kind of shocked at how much this seems to cover though, seems at least twice the size of the contents of the A+.
Sec+ is way easier than the A+ imo

All you gotta do is memorize terms and their definitions.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why was there noise in the background during the phone interview I just had? Why didn't they tell me anything about the company? It was 9 minutes. Nine.

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
Can someone please explain to me what the hell an OSI model is in coli terms :snoop:

I'm tired of the All People Seem To Need Data Processing shyt

I need it an Coli terms :mjgrin:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Can someone please explain to me what the hell an OSI model is in coli terms :snoop:

I'm tired of the All People Seem To Need Data Processing shyt

I need it and Coli terms :mjgrin:
I feel you breh, I hated saying that shyt.

I take it youre studying A+ because that's as far they expect you to know the OSI model. All will be explained in either Net+ or CCENT