IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
last week i applied to Inside Sales Engineer i didnt think they would really get back to me as i think it might be a step too technical for me because they are asking for CISSP, CCSP, and N + but i have worked as a heldesk tech for 1 year and im currently actually in my final year for my degree in business computing and they did ask for knowing an additional european language which i know fluently.

The recruiter said she is gonna call me on monday to discuss im getting my @Silkk on and aiming for the moon if they ask for money i want :takedat:

2019 lets get it

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
last week i applied to Inside Sales Engineer i didnt think they would really get back to me as i think it might be a step too technical for me because they are asking for CISSP, CCSP, and N + but i have worked as a heldesk tech for 1 year and im currently actually in my final year for my degree in business computing and they did ask for knowing an additional european language which i know fluently.

The recruiter said she is gonna call me on monday to discuss im getting my @Silkk on and aiming for the moon if they ask for money i want :takedat:

2019 lets get it
@bdizzle would be proud :wow:

ShortPastelGrosbeak-size_restricted.gif

And recruiters just be asking for a lot of shyt, they be bullshytting with all that though.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Brehs could someone advise me...If I wanted to learn how to become a hacker where would be the best place or website to learn?

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
I am willing to move anywhere brehs, working up to Security+ in December, anyone know any places I could start looking country wide? I'm in a small redneck town in Florida but have been trying places like Miami and Orlando with no luck. I feel like this state should have plenty of opportunities in the field.

What position and how much are you looking for? Lots of non IT companies have IT jobs open and counties and cities are always hiring.

One tip: Get that Security+ sooner than later, breh
:ufdup:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
What position and how much are you looking for? Lots of non IT companies have IT jobs open and counties and cities are always hiring.

One tip: Get that Security+ sooner than later, breh
:ufdup:

I am aiming at Help Desk jobs to get some experience, but some peeps told me to keep my eye open for some entry level security roles as well. But I know those are much harder to land without the experience.

I'm studying every single day for that Sec+ breh. Watching Messer videos, and I bought the Darryl Gibson book off Amazon, ain't no time for games son.

:mjlit:

If you all have a clean record look for government positions in Ft. Meade, Ft. Benning, Ft. Bragg, and Ft. Gordon. I know Air Force side is picking up too at Tinker AFB, Robins AFB, Maxwell AFB, and Joint Base San Antonio. Especially security side.

Again get the clearances and you have access to a lot of money.
I must say going into month 2 of being a fed civilian, I'm looking to leave in a few months.
I prefer the money to the stability and the bs obligations you have as a civilian compared to a contractor.

My b I'm not really following you, are you saying you prefer contract work over working with the feds?

Also, would these be good places to look for the jobs you're talking about? One seems to post jobs that require clearances while the other doesn't.

Security Clearance Jobs, Cleared Jobs | ClearedJobs.Net
Cyber security jobs | CyberSecJobs.com

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I am aiming at Help Desk jobs to get some experience, but some peeps told me to keep my eye open for some entry level security roles as well. But I know those are much harder to land without the experience.

I'm studying every single day for that Sec+ breh. Watching Messer videos, and I bought the Darryl Gibson book off Amazon, ain't no time for games son.

:mjlit:

My b I'm not really following you, are you saying you prefer contract work over working with the feds?

Also, would these be good places to look for the jobs you're talking about? One seems to post jobs that require clearances while the other doesn't.

Security Clearance Jobs, Cleared Jobs | ClearedJobs.Net
Cyber security jobs | CyberSecJobs.com

Yeah I'm saying I prefer contracting over being a fed civilian.
Yeah clearedjobs is very good, but you need to have some clearance.
Indeed, dice, careerbuilder, linkedin, and ziprecruiter are really good in my experience.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Yeah I'm saying I prefer contracting over being a fed civilian.
Yeah clearedjobs is very good, but you need to have some clearance.
Indeed, dice, careerbuilder, linkedin, and ziprecruiter are really good in my experience.

I think I'm gonna target DC with the goal of just getting in, then taking the steps necessary to work up/study into Cybersecuirty.

But besides joining the military, how in the hell do you go about getting a clearance of any kind?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I think I'm gonna target DC with the goal of just getting in, then taking the steps necessary to work up/study into Cybersecuirty.

But besides joining the military, how in the hell do you go about getting a clearance of any kind?
Federal contracting
DC is contractor heaven, that said plenty of other military spots where you can get your clearance.