IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
@Lord Z My background is Market Research Analyst so I'm looking for a career change/transition careers. I do have some of the basic IT knowledge.

From there, you can get in basically anything since you aren't really tech yet :demonic:

I believe cloud might be tough to get into. From my experience, you get there from either development (then you can become an engineer aka devops) or from networking/infrastructure (becoming either Devops or architect).

So you basically need an ''in'' for cloud technologies. II'm probably missing some stuff but just my 2cents, good luck breh :youngsabo:

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
From there, you can get in basically anything since you aren't really tech yet :demonic:

I believe cloud might be tough to get into. From my experience, you get there from either development (then you can become an engineer aka devops) or from networking/infrastructure (becoming either Devops or architect).

So you basically need an ''in'' for cloud technologies. II'm probably missing some stuff but just my 2cents, good luck breh :youngsabo:
Oh ok gotcha, I’ll do some more research. I may have to go the networking/infrastructure route.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Anyone here have any of the AWS certs? Bunch of new jobs in my city are popping up that require them and companies are getting desperate. My boy just got his and landed a 90k/yr salary.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anyone here have any of the AWS certs? Bunch of new jobs in my city are popping up that require them and companies are getting desperate. My boy just got his and landed a 90k/yr salary.

I don't have an AWS cert, but I hear that people are getting bank with cloud certs.

I already have the A+ and Net+ (just got it) and I was thinking of going this route.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone got the Cysa+? Im looking for good study material. I got my Sec+ but I lm still stuck on the help desk :francis:. ( I need guidence on getting out of help desk too) So I still dont have any real world experience in security so I need really good stuff to break it down.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Does anyone have a mcp or mcsa certification?
MCSA: Windows 10
MCSE: Mobility

Be forgetting I have them shyts half the time :heh:

Anyone got the Cysa+? Im looking for good study material. I got my Sec+ but I lm still stuck on the help desk :francis:. ( I need guidence on getting out of help desk too) So I still dont have any real world experience in security so I need really good stuff to break it down.

Going for mine now, ripped the vids from CBTNuggets but about to cop a couple udemy courses to watch at work.

As far as getting out of helpdesk, you better learn how to bullshyt & embellish breh

yakamein

#milfhunter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA2HTOWN
MCSA: Windows 10
MCSE: Mobility

Be forgetting I have them shyts half the time :heh:

Going for mine now, ripped the vids from CBTNuggets but about to cop a couple udemy courses to watch at work.

As far as getting out of helpdesk, you better learn how to bullshyt & embellish breh

Is it worth anything or should I go straight for mcst?