IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Been at this programming job for about 6 months now and frankly I’ve had enough. I just don’t really enjoy sitting at a desk and writing code all day. I’m thinking about making a switch to another area of I.T. My knowledge of actual hardware is basically none so it looks like if I do this i’ll probably have to start with the A+ and go from there. Any of you breh’s ever made a similar transition & have any advice?
You are in the IT field, you don't need to start at A+ level. LOL
Just read up and bullshyt it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Idk I feel like there’s kind of a separation between software developers and help desk/networking/admin type roles :patrice:

In reality there is, in perception there isn't.
If you have the ability to program and work history in the field.
You don't need to go the A+ route, you could probably get by on self study and just stating that you know about the pc support side.

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Anyone from a non coding background...how long did it take you to learn to code? I am trying to get really good at Python by the end of the year. I am learning of Udemy. lol, I honestly want to learn this shyt in a month,
you do Cloud right? :jbhmm:

if a breh wants to get into Cloud, what certs should he take?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
you do Cloud right? :jbhmm:

if a breh wants to get into Cloud, what certs should he take?

I do Network Infrastructure(Fiber Network and Wide Area Network Infrastructure) but on my spare time I like learning new shyt for when the right opportunity comes along. The AWS certifications are the most popular ones out there. There is also the google cloud which I have knocked out too.

5 Best Cloud Certifications

I just got done learning the Google Cloud Platform but I need to learn python asap.

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
I do Network Infrastructure(Fiber Network and Wide Area Network Infrastructure) but on my spare time I like learning new shyt for when the right opportunity comes along. The AWS certifications are the most popular ones out there. There is also the google cloud which I have knocked out too.

I just got done learning the Google Cloud Platform but I need to learn python asap.
Cool, i don't have a IT background so I'm looking at different areas to get into.

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN

What's the Google cloud cert like ?

I have the AWS CSA and currently finishing the Azure Architect one.

Just curious about the Google cloud training options.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
What's the Google cloud cert like ?

I have the AWS CSA and currently finishing the Azure Architect one.

Just curious about the Google cloud training options.

Pretty easy imo...i just used quizlet

GCP - Data Engineer Certification Flashcards | Quizlet
GCP: Complete Google Data Engineer and Cloud Architect Guide

Plus google gives you $300. Honestly, a lot of the services are the same as AWS(which I took already). I will say the GCP exam is much harder since it's scenario based, not necessarily memory based. Google has tons of Architecture Diagrams on there that will help a lot. I am taking the data engineer most likely monday.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Just signed up and paid for OSCP

Waiting for the materials but really looking forward to it. Going to love the software exploitation as I like Assembly and I just finished GREM last year

Think this will be my last very unless work pays for my CISSP course

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
First things first, What's your background ? The Exam is not hard but it's particular.

You have to be careful doing certs. If you just have a bunch of them but they don't fit your profile/experience, you will be shooting yourself in the foot :ufdup:

I discovered this site in September 2015. I went back at least 150 pages back to understand the mindset that everebody had to see how I can plan my come up :dame:

Since then I grabbed AWS CSAA, an MCSE and now doing the Azure Architect Cert :troll:.I know it's hard out here but please make sure to go read at least 175 pages back (doable in 2weeks, 30mn a day).

All profiles in IT have been adressed and you will find all the knowledge you need to decide for a path that suits you and then get your certs. Most of the guys are not really on the Coli like that anymore cause we chasing the paper so you might not always find somebody to respond to you :francis: so your best chance is to read.

Hope I dont come off cocky or some shyt, but this is what I did and it worked :whoo:. I still have 3 big certs to chase after this one so we coming up breh, let's get this money the right way :salute:

For the AWS Associate, I used :

• Udemy ACloudGuru course on my down time at home.
  • The official certification book for reading at work
  • Jayendrapatil.com for all the FAQ references