IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
I may come back around to it, about to get my CySA+ to renew my other CompTIA certs and then finally taking down the CISSP :yes:
I plan on taking 2 months out to study for my CISSP, but just haven't ben able to find the time.

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
Man I know yall nikkas seen me ask questions on here before but a nikka is lost and I get different answers from so many sources... some people say learn A+ it's the foundation, others say fukk A+ the money is in Security+ or Network+ . Some other say learn Network+ before A+. I was learning Python, but nikkas was like fukk Python you need to learn Javascript and HTML.

So I'm just gonna say fukk it and learn A+ first then Network+ and go from there. I'll also fukk with Python on the side when I'm bored . Any yall know some free apps to learn A+ or Network+ or free resources websites? I know some sources where I could download some E-books for free, but I can't focus on a book longer than 10 minutes.
:mjcry:

Somebody anybody help. :wow:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Man I know yall nikkas seen me ask questions on here before but a nikka is lost and I get different answers from so many sources... some people say learn A+ it's the foundation, others say fukk A+ the money is in Security+ or Network+ . Some other say learn Network+ before A+. I was learning Python, but nikkas was like fukk Python you need to learn Javascript and HTML.

So I'm just gonna say fukk it and learn A+ first then Network+ and go from there. I'll also fukk with Python on the side when I'm bored . Any yall know some free apps to learn A+ or Network+ or free resources websites? I know some sources where I could download some E-books for free, but I can't focus on a book longer than 10 minutes.

Literally go through this thread, and no I don't mean start from page 1. Keep reading each previous page. shyt is full of gems

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The CEH a stack? :patrice:
I thought about going for it, but I'm going to go the SANS route. Studying for the GCIH now and hopefully can get up in this SEC503 class and then go through the advanced hacking.
Best of luck to you, the SANS route is no joke, very expensive, but your skill level will never be in question on that route.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Here's a Study Guide that I got off Reddit

Comptia A+ 901 Study Guide

Comptia A+ 902 Study Guide

The best way to remember material and really understand is to put a computer together from scratch. Find an old laptop, order an old computer off ebay for like 50-75 dollars and buy motherboards, hard drives, fans, etc...and put them together, take them out, etc. Trust me, it's the easiest way to learn it. I've been studying for the A+ for a minute and was lost, as soon as I started doing real life work on computers and not just reading and watching videos, I'm finally fully understanding it.

Last edited:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA

Here's a Study Guide that I got off Reddit

Comptia A+ 901 Study Guide

Comptia A+ 902 Study Guide

The best way to remember material and really understand is to put a computer together from scratch. Find an old laptop, order an old computer off ebay for like 50-75 dollars and buy motherboards, hard drives, fans, etc...and put them together, take them out, etc. Trust me, it's the easiest way to learn it. I've been studying for the A+ for a minute and was lost, as soon as I started doing real life work on computers and not just reading and watching videos, I'm finally fully understanding it.

That's actually the series of videos I've found a couple days ago in this thread and been watching it. It's a good series!
And preciate the tip brethren.

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
I got an offer at Columbia for a helpdesk job. I think the rate is kinda low and it’s part time, should I renegotiate the pay or no