IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

semtex

:)
Daps
Recently graduated with my bachelors in Political Science... :snoop:

Once I started looking at the job market :merchant: and what I can actually do without going to law school I realized I probably made a mistake. I have a decent job right now but it's probably not what I'd want to do forever.

If I start studying and knocking out certs how marketable could I be for non-help desk jobs?
jobs such as..? :ld:

semtex

:)
Daps
He think he's gonna start as a Sr. Network Engineer cause he has a poli sci degree, no exp, and an A+ :dead:
tumblr_m67hmuRoOs1qk659fo1_400.gif

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Brehs, help me out.

So what's the best certificates to get for someone starting out? A+, Network+, Security+, Convergence+ and Project+?

:yeshrug:

What kind of jobs can you get with these certificates?

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recently graduated with my bachelors in Political Science... :snoop:

Once I started looking at the job market :merchant: and what I can actually do without going to law school I realized I probably made a mistake. I have a decent job right now but it's probably not what I'd want to do forever.

If I start studying and knocking out certs how marketable could I be for non-help desk jobs?

just go the teacher route breh.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Brehs, help me out.

So what's the best certificates to get for someone starting out? A+, Network+, Security+, Convergence+ and Project+?

:yeshrug:

What kind of jobs can you get with these certificates?

A+, help desk job. It's a long ass thread nikka, read it. :rudy:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You want me reading a 100 page thread during lecture? :rolleyes:

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Breh, if you can't read a thread to figure out where in IT you're gonna start, how do you expect to read an 1100 page certification book? Or 3600 page combined certification book?

Stop being lazy fam.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, if you can't read a thread to figure out where in IT you're gonna start, how do you expect to read an 1100 page certification book? Or 3600 page combined certification book?

Stop being lazy fam.

Uh, he does have a point. This thread would be a lot better if the first post was constantly updated so someone doesn't need to constantly read through hundreds of posts. Just my 2 cents.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Carné Asada;3380597 said:
Uh, he does have a point. This thread would be a lot better if the first post was constantly updated so someone doesn't need to constantly read through hundreds of posts. Just my 2 cents.

These nikkas is just starting out. If you can't make it through the thread, then you ain't gonna make it in this industry. Just today I've been reading through Java coding documentation and ITIL process. These nikkas just lazy b.