IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You are correct.
Thats why I picked going the way that I am doing. Once I pass the CCNA, I can completely shift my mind away from the networking realm.
I can just focus on the desktop/server/active directory all in a row. Once I get through them, then Ill jump back into the networking.
But I dont believe that because I pass the CCNA, Ill skate through the Microsoft one.
Cant front tho...When I do pass the CCNA...my confidence will be :stylin: hahaha

On another note....thanks for the knowledge drop in this whole thread...You an everybody else have no idea how much you are helping me an everybody else.

Here's a piece of advice breh. Jumping around will cost you time/money in the future. When I started out, I did A+, CCNA, then started going down the MCSE route. Didn't finish my MCSE (Microsoft retired the 2000 path for 2003 so I was assed out), so I went back to the Cisco camp years later and forget everything I had learned and had to relearn it all over again. I forgot so much that I failed the CCNA twice in a row when I passed it easily the 1st time years back.

Basically don't go ham on those certs initially. You'll forget most of what you've learned and have to spend time/money retaking those exams again down the road since they've more than likely expired.

Start with getting just enough certs to get your foot in the door, then decide if you wanna do Servers or networking, and tailor your certs to go down that path.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's a piece of advice breh. Jumping around will cost you time/money in the future. When I started out, I did A+, CCNA, then started going down the MCSE route. Didn't finish my MCSE (Microsoft retired the 2000 path for 2003 so I was assed out), so I went back to the Cisco camp years later and forget everything I had learned and had to relearn it all over again. I forgot so much that I failed the CCNA twice in a row when I passed it easily the 1st time years back.

Basically don't go ham on those certs initially. You'll forget most of what you've learned and have to spend time/money retaking those exams again down the road since they've more than likely expired.

Start with getting just enough certs to get your foot in the door, then decide if you wanna do Servers or networking, and tailor your certs to go down that path.

Thanks for the advice
The reason Im doing the jumping around is because that is the curriculum of my school to get my bachelors. The ccna/msce stuff is all required classes for the degree and they mimic a class for that particular test. I just figure, if im gonna study 3 months to pass a final...im sure i could pay the extra 150 or w/e and get a certificate to go with it...its my twisted idea of 2 birds 1 stone.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Any Help Desk Managers here?

If y'all don't mind helping some of us out here and post some Technical Questions thats you guys ask during interviews.

I was doing well and than they throw a curve ball at you.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can feel your pain breh. It's a very demonic environment.

I work in a telesales office breh. I don't think it gets anymore demonic. Having to hear people beg to place orders and people under constant stress because of goals is very :sadcam:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carné Asada;3327704 said:
How'd you get in? And where are you from?

I stated with state farm as a regular customer service rep then 6 mos later I was promoted to the internet support rep and did that for 10 mos. Sf is going through a big expansion and I took the opportunity to apply for the help desk job out here in az. So you can say I was just in the right place at the right time :youngsabo:

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stated with state farm as a regular customer service rep then 6 mos later I was promoted to the internet support rep and did that for 10 mos. Sf is going through a big expansion and I took the opportunity to apply for the help desk job out here in az. So you can say I was just in the right place at the right time :youngsabo:

Damn, the place where you can get a decent 1 bedroom apt for $595. I see state farm hiring a lot out here in Cali but I never know if they are crummy sales jobs or customer service positions. I normally pass on them.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carné Asada;3328011 said:
Damn, the place where you can get a decent 1 bedroom apt for $595. I see state farm hiring a lot out here in Cali but I never know if they are crummy sales jobs or customer service positions. I normally pass on them.

Yes that are going to have 7000 people out here in 2-3 yrs