IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
What do you all have on your personal business cards?
On our what's :mjgrin:? Haven't gotten around to making them yet but it's really only going to have my name, job title, email, and phone. I may have my LinkedIn or github, possibly personal website if I get into it. I'm thinking of getting plastic ones instead of paper. You might forget about or throw away a paper business card but you'll think twice about a plastic one. My old RA had some mini business cards that were kinda cool but I don't know how they worked out for him.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
On our what's :mjgrin:? Haven't gotten around to making them yet but it's really only going to have my name, job title, email, and phone. I may have my LinkedIn or github, possibly personal website if I get into it. I'm thinking of getting plastic ones instead of paper. You might forget about or throw away a paper business card but you'll think twice about a plastic one. My old RA had some mini business cards that were kinda cool but I don't know how they worked out for him.

Yeah I was going to do plastic. I have a domain for website that I was going to put some projects from school on, but I may not put it on my card. And I was iffy about putting my job title on the card as i dont want to pigeon hole me.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I was going to do plastic. I have a domain for website that I was going to put some projects from school on, but I may not put it on my card. And I was iffy about putting my job title on the card as i dont want to pigeon hole me.
I figure I can get away with it for a few years if I keep it at Software Engineer. Once I get closer to management or possibly deeper into architecture then I'll start thinking about it again.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps

I narrowed the title down to two options: Value Consultant or Consultant.

Have y'all formed your LLC's yet? I need to stop bs'n n do it.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I narrowed the title down to two options: Value Consultant or Consultant.

Have y'all formed your LLC's yet? I need to stop bs'n n do it.
No but my LLC was going to be real estate related since I'm planning on investing in rental properties. But I have a long way to go before then.

Spin

All Star
Daps
Test Out is having a President's Day sale for $19, but you can get it for $5 with coupon code PCE218. For all of you asking how to get into IT, they offer some of the best online training for the following certs: testoutce.com

A+ 220-901 and 220-902
- Network+ N10-006
- Security+ SY0-501
- Linux+ LX0-103 and LX0-104
- CCNA 200-125
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Basic Computing)
- Windows Client Pro - Microsoft 70-680 and 70-687
- Windows Server 2012: Advanced Services - Microsoft 70-412
- Windows Server 2012: Manage and Administer - Microsoft 70-411
- Windows Server 2012: Install and Configure - 70-410
- Windows Server 2016: Installation, Storage, & Compute - 70-740

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Would studying for the A+, then taking the test, while doing the Google It certification at the same time, smart?

It seems to me the A+ will get you into the door more than the Google cert.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
How are you studying for the A+?

Study for the CompTIA A+ Certification

Breh's technique might not be for everybody

The-CompTIA-Certification-Roadmap-2015.jpg

The-CompTIA-Certification-Roadmap-2015-2.jpg

Alternative to courses
Professor Messer's CompTIA 220-901 A+ Certification Training Course: Professor Messer's CompTIA 220-901 A+ Certification Training Course - YouTube

Idk any free sources for 220-902

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
How are you studying for the A+?
Someone gave me all the professor Messer notes and exam with answers. I've seen half of the video I posted at the very bottom. I recently splurged on the 2 part A+ courses and the two practice tests by that udemy guy I posted while they were like 90% off. I'm following that because it's all organized for me. Also have his book digitally from a site someone posted to get books for free. Ive been so busy with my new job which is why I decided to just burn $40 in total on the courses and practice tests because I dont have time to make my own notes and shyt.
Here's a sample of the udemy shyts.
rkao02.png

fohr9v.png
After I finish all his shyt, I plan to review with the free sources as well. If you purchase his courses, watch the first few intro videos instead of just jumping to the learning. He drops knowledge that will save you from googling and even puts you on discounts. Remember the sales on udemy are pretty often. I'd download the app, register, add shyt to wishlist and wait til that sale notification pops.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Good shyt man.

I think I remember you were looking for a job before, what kind of job u have now?

Someone gave me all the professor Messer notes and exam with answers. I've seen half of the video I posted at the very bottom. I recently splurged on the 2 part A+ courses and the two practice tests by that udemy guy I posted while they were like 90% off. I'm following that because it's all organized for me. Also have his book digitally from a site someone posted to get books for free. Ive been so busy with my new job which is why I decided to just burn $40 in total on the courses and practice tests because I dont have time to make my own notes and shyt.
rkao02.png

fohr9v.png
After I finish all his shyt, I plan to review with the free sources as well. If you purchase his courses, watch the first few intro videos instead of just jumping to the learning. He drops knowledge that will save you from googling and even puts you on discounts. Remember the sales on udemy are pretty often. I'd download the app, register, add shyt to wishlist and wait til that sale notification pops.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
That's weird, I happen to see more people on the first course than the second. Do they just say fukk it after the 1st course?

rkao02.png

fohr9v.png