IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
can you recommend any books to study for the RHCSA?

This is the one...Originally I was going to sit for the exam but I ended up just using it for Linux skills & reading. Youll learn alot with this easily. I use Linux a lot at my current job so a lot of the commands became 2nd nature

51QFkNp0WaL._SX403_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I need a easier way to convert Hex to Decimal to IP.

I want to convert

4b67

Please help. I need to learn this and subnetting today.

What poor job has you doing useless shyt like converting hexa to IP ? :laff:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
This is the one...Originally I was going to sit for the exam but I ended up just using it for Linux skills & reading. Youll learn alot with this easily. I use Linux a lot at my current job so a lot of the commands became 2nd nature

51QFkNp0WaL._SX403_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What poor job has you doing useless shyt like converting hexa to IP ? :laff:

Studying for GSEC+. 2018 I'm off mindless chatty patty talking....

If you ain't helping I'm good, I think I'm close to figuring it out.

My job told me to get it and they'll reimburse me.

Daps
I was just reading the the cirrulculm for this cert: Google IT Support Professional Certificate | Coursera

This new Google cert isn't comparable to a professional IT cert, it's comparable to graduating with a IT AAS degree or undergraduate certificate from your local community college.

Hey bro, hopefully I can pick you and others brain about advice and best pathway to switch career from the food manufacturing industry into IT. I graduated with an A.A.S in Network Administration Dec '16 and its hard to find a entry level job in the industry.

I heard for some people that you dont want to get caught in the Help Desk trap. What you guys recommend the path to take to secure a IT job that is decent/good pay and all me to acquire the skills necessary to branch out? I was called about a couple help desk job since i graduated but taking those wouls have been a steep pay cut in regards to what im making now.

I understand sometimes you have to take a paycut when switching industries, but where talking 7-10hr paycuts in some instances.

Daps
Du'An Lightfoot put out this video today:

:ohhh:I didn't realize that you should look up the Indeed job listings on Glassdoor to find out what the pay is.

Yeah I use that in my industry. Alot of employees try to draw people looking to change jobs or dont know their worth if they have experience and omit purposefully alot of the time payrate/salary to not dissuade potential employees.

Trustus

Black like the planet that they fear
Supporter
Daps
If the orange button is for downloading, I just get a pop up instead
It works for me, I tried on a linux box and it downloaded, I have ad-blockers (u-Block Origin) on my browsers no pop-ups but when I disabled it the pop-up redirected me to another site.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
It works for me, I tried on a linux box and it downloaded, I have ad-blockers (u-Block Origin) on my browsers no pop-ups but when I disabled it the pop-up redirected me to another site.
I got adblock on and still same issue
Edit: working now

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anyone on here that started out with no experince in IT but now has bossed up and is making moves hit me up i got some questions i need to ask :mjcry:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So today Google annouced a new IT cert & scholarship program to go with it:

I was just reading the the cirrulculm for this cert: Google IT Support Professional Certificate | Coursera

This new Google cert isn't comparable to a professional IT cert, it's comparable to graduating with a IT AAS degree or undergraduate certificate from your local community college.
Du'An Lightfoot dropped a short 3-minute video & 1 hour livestream video on this:

How does the New Google IT Professional Certification Compare to Comptia Microsoft and Cisco
Google and Coursera launch certificate program to fill IT talent shortage.

Alexis D'Anjou-Coley's Podcast: https://goo.gl/BRojvZ
DVZN Media: https://goo.gl/90oLkU

Apply for Google Scholarship Here: https://goo.gl/qs9uBQ

Comptia Certification Roadmap: https://goo.gl/jCzKmX
WGU: https://goo.gl/VMTnD7

In this video we discuss the new Google IT Professional Certification. This certification could help many people and you know someone in particular please share this video with them. I hope you enjoy this video and please remember to subscribe, like and comment.

Last edited: