IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I've never had to do that with any printer I use. Did you check Google to see if any others have the same problem as you? Also were you using the drivers that came with the printer or did you download them from the website?
I did and none of them had a solution until I seen one response where the user toyed around with a solution Canon Pixma MG5500 Series Error State Printer Not ... - Page 3 - Canon Community and I used the drivers that came with the printer I just chalked it up to the printer not recognizing the new ink cartridges because they were not like the cartridges that originally came with the printer

Daps
I did and none of them had a solution until I seen one response where the user toyed around with a solution Canon Pixma MG5500 Series Error State Printer Not ... - Page 3 - Canon Community and I used the drivers that came with the printer I just chalked it up to the printer not recognizing the new ink cartridges because they were not like the cartridges that originally came with the printer
Go to the Canon website and download the latest drivers if they got newer versions of them. It never hurt to have the latest and greatest. Hopefully it fixes the problem as well.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I recently passed my A+ exams. Do I need to take the Net+ for a career in cloud? Also, do I need the Net+ for a Linux Sys Admin career?

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Go to the Canon website and download the latest drivers if they got newer versions of them. It never hurt to have the latest and greatest. Hopefully it fixes the problem as well.
My printer works fine now I noticed the difference in my ink status as it was alot longer than before

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
The demand for knowledge is so high that you can skip help desk. This applies to every discipline within IT. You can skip help desk with a MCSA, CCNA, RHCSA, or Coding skills. At that point, I would pick the skill that is not as popular (Linux or Coding). Because that means less ppl know it. Which makes you more valuable.

Your resume must reflect the job you want. You could have all three certs, but if ur resume is created with help desk positions in mind. Those are the type of jobs you will get.
Is A+ and other entry certs needed first before taking this route? Also if not is this too advanced for someone who isn't computer literate besides basic shyt like surfing the web? My boy got a dead end job and I want to put him on game.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Is A+ and other entry certs needed first before taking this route? Also if not is this too advanced for someone who isn't computer literate besides basic shyt like surfing the web? My boy got a dead end job and I want to put him on game.

This stuff aint for everyone breh lol

If your boy aint naturally a problem solver and about continual education/self teaching this may not be the industry for him.

That said A+ wont hurt even though we can debate if its worth the time

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps

Skip A+

Give him the link to this thread. If he has what it takes, he will figure out the rest.

I recently passed my A+ exams. Do I need to take the Net+ for a career in cloud? Also, do I need the Net+ for a Linux Sys Admin career?

Skip Net+

All you need is the RHCSA. You will learn enough networking studying for the test. Study the RHCE material I posted in here.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Skip Net+

All you need is the RHCSA. You will learn enough networking studying for the test.
Study the RHCE material I posted in here.

Oh shyt, for real? You're that confident about the RHCSA. Do you have it?

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Last edited: