IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
yeah I took a Business Intelligence course and learned a ton of advance Excel functions BUT no real company is using Excel like that in this day and age when there are much better tools out, and if they are that isn't a company you want to be at for long.

Think the company may want me to just keep a inventory of items too.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
yeah I took a Business Intelligence course and learned a ton of advance Excel functions BUT no real company is using Excel like that in this day and age when there are much better tools out, and if they are that isn't a company you want to be at for long.
What do companies use nowadays instead of Excel?

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Learn personal finance so you can manage your money correctly.

After you hit 6figs, read this:

tmfbook-trans1.png

Never settle. When you reach a goal. Create a new one.

Last edited:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Got a job offer brehs. Making the same as I was making before, but with more equity and better benefits.

I still need to adjust to the market. I want to get a AWS certification and also improve my programming skills. Luckily I will be working with Kubernetes, Ceph, and other fun stuff to get me going.

Breh, How hard is it to learn Kubernetes from a security perspective ?

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Question brehs, I had printer hiccup over the last 48 hours which required me to replace my ink cartridges and when I did that and tried to initially print i got a "printer is in error state". I called Canon tech support and was told i needed to have both ink cartridges changed in order for it to work and I ended up getting the color cartridges yesterday and still had the same issue :mjcry:so i tried to disconnect from the network, power cycle my equipment, and then I just reinstalled my printer software and it printed a test page but did not do an initial print so I ended up restarting my laptop and it fixed the issue. So my question do you have to update the printer software or reinstall the software onto the computer in order for the printer to read the new cartridges????

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Been studying with Mike Meyers Udemy courses for the A+ exam. Good shyt so far

But question, how much of this will be necessary to know in real life situations for a help desk job for example? Like percentage wise?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh, How hard is it to learn Kubernetes from a security perspective ?

I know very little about Kubenetes lol.

Also that job offer I got resulted in a hiring freeze. I do more with Big Data now. I'm learning that and Kerberos a lot now actually.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Been studying with Mike Meyers Udemy courses for the A+ exam. Good shyt so far

But question, how much of this will be necessary to know in real life situations for a help desk job for example? Like percentage wise?
Rare, the basics will not change much, but the specifics cahnges so much its hard to say if you will use it a certain percentage.
Main thing to adjust is your customer service skills, dealing with people and manipulate them to tell you what you actually need to know, politely, is the real skill of the help desk more so than your hard technical skill

Daps
So my question do you have to update the printer software or reinstall the software onto the computer in order for the printer to read the new cartridges????
I've never had to do that with any printer I use. Did you check Google to see if any others have the same problem as you? Also were you using the drivers that came with the printer or did you download them from the website?