IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Who tryna cop the CCNA for free?

CCNA Cyber Ops
Security-Scholarship.html

Don't worry about the qualifications. If you don't have a prerequisite cert; just check the security+ option.

You have until Dec. 8th to finish the first 3 steps if you want to take the course this month.

It took 24 hrs for me to receive the step 1 email. If you have Gmail, It will be in your "promotions" inbox.

Brehs, what is the CCNA Cyber Ops cert worth on the job market compared to the Sec+ or CCNA Security?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, what is the CCNA Cyber Ops cert worth on the job market compared to the Sec+ or CCNA Security?
It's still a relatively nascent cert, so not much buzz from what I've been researching. It seems to be on par with the Sec+ in terms of knowledge/skills set. Still would not hurt to have a CCNA cert if you know how to market yourself well. I could most def hype this up to be a more specialized and streamlined CCNA Security equivalent that is better positioned to tackle evolving trends in cyber-security.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

As of right now it's still new. The cert just released this year so many employers don't know about it. That said it is a Cisco cert so it should catch a few eyes if you have it on your resume.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

CCNA Cyber Ops

Don't worry about the qualifications. If you don't have a prerequisite cert; just check the security+ option.

You have until Dec. 8th to finish the first 3 steps if you want to take the course this month.

It took 24 hrs for me to receive the step 1 email. If you have Gmail, It will be in your "promotions" inbox.

Everyone jump on this who can. Whoever gets in should create a study group so we can help each other eat.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

As of right now it's still new. The cert just released this year so many employers don't know about it. That said it is a Cisco cert so it should catch a few eyes if you have it on your resume.

Oh. I was wondering about if I should skip the CompTIA workforce training I'm doing at my local community college to focus on this CCNA Cyber Ops Scholarship program. Seeing how this is a new cert, it's just a resume padder that has potential to be more. I guess I'll do it as a side thing.

• Dap
Reactions: Czr

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
What subnetting:dahell: That's on the net+. I didn't get a single question about subnetting on the sec+. So long as you have a good understanding of all the concepts you'll be good. Most of the questions were situation based. So what to do in this situation

The course videos im watching is going on about Subnetting
Subnetting - Cybrary

Did you self study ?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Should I go after the CCNA Cyber Ops or the CSA+ certification? Which is more valuable? Which will help me land a job? What about the Cisco certs in general?

In this video, we will discuss whether you should go after the CCNA Cyber Ops and what I think about it!

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
According to @Czr's post: http://www.thecoli.com/goto/post?id=27446799#post-27446799

It's a scholarship program that will pay for the self-paced online courses, mentor/coaching, & the exams.
Can we take the exam whenever? Id want to do it maybd next summer
According to the website, you're supposed to commit to finish the training within 3 months. Is that too much of a commitment for training & certs that are being paid for breh? I'm still waiting on my step 1 email, so I know as much as you.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
According to the website, you're supposed to commit to finish the training within 3 months. Is that too much of a commitment for training & certs that are being paid for breh? I'm still waiting on my step 1 email, so I know as much as you.

I wont have time to do this then. I still submitted the form for the hell of it though

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

CCNA Cyber Ops

Through the scholarship program, Cisco will offer free training, mentoring, and testing designed to help you earn CCNA Cyber Ops certification and hone the skills needed for the job role of security operations center analyst. The new CCNA Cyber Ops certification has been designed to address the critical skills deficit, providing the job-ready knowledge needed to meet current and future challenges in network security.

Take the first step today toward a rewarding career in cybersecurity. Partner with Cisco and become one of the talented cybersecurity professionals now in high demand in nearly all industries.

@Silkk You said you were considering doing the CSA+, you interested in doing this instead?

@zerorequiem You might be interested in this too